SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Schools that look favorably on SMP's??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by dcwildcat05, May 30, 2008.

1. dcwildcat05

dcwildcat05 7+ Year Member

Jan 25, 2007
    Hey everyone,

I just completed the Tufts MBS SMP and was wondering if there were any schools that looked highly on the SMP and were fond of accepting SMP students (aside from Tufts :)). I heard a rumor that SLU was one but I am not sure if this is true or if there were others out there.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Isoprop

Isoprop Fascinating, tell me more 5+ Year Member

Oct 15, 2007
    the most receptive schools are going to be ones with SMPs: georgetown, evms, vcu, etc.

remember, you should apply early and broadly. good luck.
  4. trahikat

trahikat 5+ Year Member

Aug 8, 2007
    i'm about to complete the georgetown smp myself, and the schools we were recommended to apply to were nymc, albany, SLU, georgetown, evms, vcu, creighton, tufts, and drexel. to be honest, while it may seem like applying to the schools that have SMPs themselves would be an obvious winner, i was flat rejected from both boston u. and loyola chicago, which both have SMPs that i was accepted to. so...i'm not sure about that. i will say that the overwhelming majority of my smp class who did well got interviews at SLU, creighton, and nymc. these schools LOVE SMPs.

good luck!
  5. Law2Doc

Law2Doc 5K+ Member Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Dec 20, 2004
    You probably would get more targeted responses in the postbac forum.