Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Schools that put you on Hold

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Hollaback Girl, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Hollaback Girl

5+ Year Member

I was wondering if you guys could share your thoughts about the following:

For the majority of schools a "hold" means that you are not on their A list and there are other more qualified/interesting/special/whatever applicants that the school would like to pursue before they look more closely at you.

However, at some schools a "hold" is another way of saying, "we think you are too over qualified/far to interesting/special/whatever to actually want to come to this school and we even if we offered you an interview/acceptance it is likely that you wouldn't come here."

Do you think there is truth second definition of a "hold" and if so, what schools in your experience utilize that definition?

2. discus

discus Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I think it's so da** unnerving to have to interview at so many schools, waste money like there's no tomorrow--just to get rejection letters and/or "hold" letters. I just hate it, and am really already getting sick of this process. I've heard of many of you w/ acceptances already, and how good that must feel esp if it comes from your dream school... getting an interview does not nec make me feel better, because it guarantees nothing... :( (sorry, I just had to vent somehow...)

All I want is an acceptance... :(

3. DocKat

DocKat Member
    7+ Year Member

I know. Same here. After being put on-hold consecutively by three schools, I am really starting to doubt myself. What is wrong with my application? :scared: