Updates when on HOLD status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

squishmallow99

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi y’all,

I’ve been placed on hold by some schools now, and I’m wondering if retaking my MCAT / updating with new courses would be considered for those schools/additional schools for this cycle?

I know it’s late but I’m just wondering how I can keep my app alive/still try to improve my chances outside of extracurriculars - applying this year was expensive and I’d rather not reapply next year if I still have a chance

Members don't see this ad.

I think you are looking at a reapp. Looking at your posting history, I don't know if retaking the MCAT is the issue, but if you are willing to retake the test, then it sounds like reapplying costs are not going to discourage you.

It also sounds like your application did not resonate with schools on your list. Either your list was not ideal or your materials need revisions.

What other classes are you going to take? That may help you for your tap to move that sGPA up a bit more.

Hi y’all,

I’ve been placed on hold by some schools now, and I’m wondering if retaking my MCAT / updating with new courses would be considered for those schools/additional schools for this cycle?

I know it’s late but I’m just wondering how I can keep my app alive/still try to improve my chances outside of extracurriculars - applying this year was expensive and I’d rather not reapply next year if I still have a chance
A new MCAT score would not be in time for this cycle of applications, at least at any MD school. Your 512 score is solid but I think your school list did not help you. I know as a CA resident you applied to all your in-state schools but the OOS list was too ambitious.
If this year doesn't work out for you, make another WAMC thread in the spring to get some advice on a likelier list of schools.

Reactions: 1 users