schools that screen for secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

judoka

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am getting a lot of secondaries, but I am curious to know if any of these schools that are mailing them out now are screening at all. I mean, there is no point in getting excited about some school that sends secondaries to everyone, but maybe some are screening so its like getting past a small hurdle.

Members don't see this ad.

i believe Northwestern and all of the UC's screen. you can also check out the first link on the thread titled: "All of MOST you need to know for applying to med school: For Current Applicants " at the top of this forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
UCs, northwestern, pitt, ohio state, OHSU,duke,loma linda (?), hawaii, stanford, loyola(?)
for more info you can check the MSAR

there was already a thread on this a few weeks ago... use the search.

Many schools don't screen before sending out secondaries just because of the fact that they want the money from every additional secondary. I would assume that many times the committee or the people who initially screen applications see many applications that don't stand a realistic chance at receiving an interview but still send out a secondary to that person because the want the $50-100 that it would bring.

Duke doesn't screen actually, everyone gets a chance to fill out a secondary.