Schools That Send Confimation Notices

Started by Curci
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Curci

The Master Chief
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do all of the schools send out confirmation notices when your application is complete? There are a handful of schools that I know should have received my LORs, but they haven't contacted me to say my application is complete. I specifically am concerned about Mt. Sinai, NYU, and Temple. Has anyone received a confirmation notice via US mail or email from any of these schools?
 
I am concerned about mt sinai and nyu as well. My app should be complete but I haven't received confirmation from them.

Also, does anyone know if columbia sends out confirmations?
 
Originally posted by VirtuoJ
I am concerned about mt sinai and nyu as well. My app should be complete but I haven't received confirmation from them.

It takes schools some time after your LOR's (or whatever) arrive to open the mail and get it into files and then notify you as to the status of your file. All schools will notify you in some way, but some offices are much less efficient than others. It often takes a couple of weeks (or longer) than when you think the app should be complete. You just have to be patient. Imagine the volume of mail they are receiving! I sent out everything last year either Express (which can be tracked) or with delivery confirmation just for peace of mind. Of course, for LOR's this won't work. If too much time goes by and you don't hear anything, you can always call the admissions office.