Schools that take higher DAT or average all DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tarheel85

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,
I've been looking to see what dental schools consider either the higher of your DAT scores or the average of them. I'm planning to retake it again this summer and think it'd be good to know this.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe doctootache has a post for this, also try the ADEA guide because i know they have this for sure

Members don't see this ad :)
Great thanks, when schools say they take the higher score, does this generally mean they take the higher scores of individual sections or are there some instances where the higher AA is only considered

Great thanks, when schools say they take the higher score, does this generally mean they take the higher scores of individual sections or are there some instances where the higher AA is only considered

What the hell are you talking about? There is AA/TS/PAT, probably in that order of importance. Individual scores aren't looked at as much as the AA/TS/PAT.

However, a lot of schools have minimums on each section (such as you need 17+ in every individual section). Some schools look into your RC score in particular. But other than that, individual scores aren't that important. You won't get bonus points if you get 30 in one section and bomb other sections (is that what you were asking?). Generally, they'd rather see you be balanced and do well in all sections, moreso than aceing one section and bombing another.