Schools to apply to? 3rd time applicant (Texas Applicant)

Started by JoonJK
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JoonJK

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I posted a question about whether I should reapply this year or next year a few weeks ago in another thread and I have decided that to reapply again this year. I did receive 3 interviews from A&M EnMed program, McGovern, and Sam Houston DO school this year but they all put me on the waitlist. Realistically speaking, I am not getting into those so here I am. However, as the other thread mentioned applying more broadly will be necessary so if I can get some help on generating the school list, I would appreciate it very much. I will be attending a 1-year master's program for bioengineering in Texas during this gap year.

Here are my stats so far:
Texas IS, Asian
510 MCAT, 3.71 GPA Biomedical Engineering(UT Austin), 3.75 science GPA
150 hrs of clinical volunteering
50 hrs of food pantry volunteering
100 hrs of teaching volunteering in Korea
50 hrs of food pantry + visiting volunteering(I visit elderly people who live alone and deliver food. Honestly my best volunteering experience as I can listen to their life story) in Korea (ONGOING)
30 hrs of shadowing
5 months of full time virtual medical scribe(online)
1.5 years of research exp (no publication)
1 year of teaching assistant as undergrad
2 years of Korean military service (I am a dual citizen to Korea and the US)
2 engineering internships

I applied to these schools last year:
Southwestern
UTMB Galveston
Mcgovern
UT San Antonio
Dell
Rio Grande Valley
A&M
Texas Tech Lubbock
TCOM&UNTHSC
University of Houston
Sam Houston
TCU&UNTHSC
Texas Tech El Paso
Albany Medical College
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Baylor
Drexel UCOM
Sidney Kimmel Thomas Jefferson
Georgetown University School of Medicine
University of Tennessee HSC COM
West Virginia University School of Medicine
College of Medicine at the University of Vermont
Medical College of Wisconsin
Tulane UCOM
State University of New York Buffalo School of Medicine
Indiana University School of Medicine
New York Medical college

After receiving 0 interviews from OOS for 2 years in a row, I will not be using AMCAS this year and only use TMDSAS and AACOMAS. Any suggestion for OOS-friendly DO schools? or are there other OOS-friendly schools that I missed last year that I should've applied with my stats?
Thanks for the help. You guys are the best!
 
Last edited: