schools w/ earliest acceptance notifications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

anyone know which schools have the earliest notification dates for admissions for regular applicants (assuming that you get an early interview and got your acceptance letter before january)? when's the earliest that you had an interview/did secondaries? Since I'm a cali resident, I'm planning to apply to a lot of schools. However, If I can get an acceptance before January, it means I'd have to fill out less secondaries and go to less interviews and focus more on my ideal schools.

P.S. I'm less concerned about how quickly the response is, i'm more concerned about which schools send out letters of admissions before January. Although quick response is also good. :D

Members don't see this ad.

UVA was two weeks post interview. granted i got the waitlist, but it was lightning quick! Tulane was also pretty speedy with the acceptance.

A piece of advice though. Don't worry about how fast schools get back to you. Unless you are the luckiest person alive, you will be waiting for a very long time for all the schools to get back to you. Accept the grey hairs with grace

Members don't see this ad :)
Albany meets every week to review applicants that interviewed the previous week, and you can call in the day after their meeting to check your status. A select few get accepted right away, then the rest get into some other categories I didn't really understand...

Finch/CMS typed up my acceptance letter 9 days post-interview. :) (Gracias a Dios!)

Boston University is veeery sloooooooooow.

I got an e-mail acceptance from UAB about a week and a half after my interview (in December), but didn't get the official letter until sometime in March. Maryland was three weeks and a day after my interview.

Uh, Maryland being fast? It took them 5 months post-interview to get back to me

i got into Stony Brook two days after my interview.

I know a number of people who got into hopkins in september! but you have to get invited for a really early interview. Pritzker got back to me quickly with an acceptance, as did U Maryland, Case Western, and Vanderbilt. (all came in october).

hopkins, interviewed in mid-september and let me know in about 2 weeks

Just a thought, maybe it would make more sense to list some schools with rolling admissions...or maybe just to list the schools w/o rolling admissions since that list would be shorter. Also, some schools offer rolling admissions just to their favorite applicants, and the others will have to wait a loooooong time (like BU, UF, etc...). So even if some poeple posted they heard quickly, it doesn't necessarily mean everyone will. :cool:

Neoucom accepted in less than 24 hours (the next day, essentially).

I got into NYU in December, which was great because I was able to turn down interviews at schools I knew I wouldn't go to over NYU. That saved my big $$$ in travel expenses and time away from work. It's probably a good idea to have all of your secondaries in by then though. :p

•••quote:•••Originally posted by coenocyte:
• when's the earliest that you had an interview/did secondaries? •••••A lot of schools don't screen for secondaries and/or have on-line secondaries. So once you've submitted your primary AMCAS app, find out which schools are not screening and have on-line apps and submit them immediately. This will really give you a head-start on the process. Albany was the school that got back to me the fastest post-interview, but that wasn't necessarily true for everyone who interviewed there. Best of luck. :)