Schools with "Individualized" Deadlines for Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ImagineThis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

So I was just wrapping up my UCSF secondary when I clicked on the "info" button next to the MSTP checkbox. While the text below the statement of interest section reads "Please submit the information requested below as soon as possible but no later than four weeks from the date of this invitation," and that is unmovable, hidden in this little pop up box of MSTP info is the following: "All secondary application materials must be received by January 6, 2012 or two weeks from the date you were offered a secondary, whichever is sooner." Although it has not been 4 weeks, it has been 2, so apparently I am submitting a late secondary. I'll call in the morning to try and straighten this out, but I figured that it may be a good idea to list the programs with these individualized deadlines, as well as what they are, so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

So here are the two that I know of. Add to this list if you are aware of any more:

UCSD: 4 weeks after secondary is received
UCSF: 2 weeks after secondary is received (MSTP), 4 weeks after secondary is received (MD)

Best of luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,

So I was just wrapping up my UCSF secondary when I clicked on the "info" button next to the MSTP checkbox. While the text below the statement of interest section reads "Please submit the information requested below as soon as possible but no later than four weeks from the date of this invitation," and that is unmovable, hidden in this little pop up box of MSTP info is the following: "All secondary application materials must be received by January 6, 2012 or two weeks from the date you were offered a secondary, whichever is sooner." Although it has not been 4 weeks, it has been 2, so apparently I am submitting a late secondary. I'll call in the morning to try and straighten this out, but I figured that it may be a good idea to list the programs with these individualized deadlines, as well as what they are, so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

So here are the two that I know of. Add to this list if you are aware of any more:

UCSD: 4 weeks after secondary is received
UCSF: 2 weeks after secondary is received (MSTP), 4 weeks after secondary is received (MD)

Best of luck to all!

Uh-oh.... I turned in my UCSF secondary 2 and a half weeks after I received it. I just saw the 4 week deadline, not the 2 week deadline. Please post on here to let us know what they say when you call!

Hmmmm.... it looks like these may be the only schools.

Anyway, I called the admissions office and they said that it shouldn't be a big deal at all and, in fact, it probably wouldn't even be noticed. Their "firm" deadline is sometime in January so it looks like you will be all set musik. Best of luck with the rest of your apps!