schools with international reputation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leorl

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

you know how they have those US News or Newsweek/Times reports of the top medical schools in the States? Can anyone tell me how I can find the top internationally recognized med. schools, especially in the UK and Australia? Ireland too, but I already have an idea (it being such a small country and all).
Thanks! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Flinders University

I do not believe there are any official or formal rankings of schools outside of the US, although each country may provide one. In Australia, the undergrad universities are ranked but not the medical schools (Flinders ranked quite highly for student satisfaction and research for undergrad).

There are however, some schools which enjoy a great rep - deserved or not. Obviously you would include Oxford, the Karolinska Institute and others. However, ask yourself whether the rankings really reflect what is important to you - often they are massaged to increase applications and grant monies and have relatively little to do with actual quality of education.