Schools with videotaped lectures..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gcomplex7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
Do u guys know what schools videotape their lectures and have them available online? Also what schools are unranked, not just H/ pass/fail or pass/ fail but unranked pass/fail.
I am lookin for the ideal school for me, u know where I could just lean back and kick it...

Members don't see this ad.

gcomplex7 said:
I am lookin for the ideal school for me, u know where I could just lean back and kick it...

I think you should look into becoming a Chiropractor... ;)

gcomplex7 said:
Hey,
Do u guys know what schools videotape their lectures and have them available online? Also what schools are unranked, not just H/ pass/fail or pass/ fail but unranked pass/fail.
check u michigan

Members don't see this ad :)
Both U of Minnesota and Case Western videotape their lectures.

SanDiegoSOD said:
I think you should look into becoming a Chiropractor... ;)

Med school, come on now, pay attention. That wasn't necessary. :D

I believe Drexel have their lectures available on line.

gcomplex7 said:

hahaha :laugh:

Penn Med has videotaped lectures. They also have some kind of technology that speeds up the lecture x2 and fixes the chipmunk voice. I have heard that the students there really like this feature because they can speed through, especially when the lecturer is slow. Pretty neat huh?

duke has everything online! And students take notes for each other. You can also watch the lectures in twice the speed, woo hoo.

UT Houston; you can check out grading systems on the AAMC website

how does pass/fail work in med. school and residencies?

Harvard not only has video taped lectures, you can search them by keyword, and the system will give you back a list of all the video clips that discuss your search topic. Wowzah!

:love: :love: :love:

gcomplex7 said:

I have a couple coworkers who apparently slept all the way through physical therapy school. You might try look into that.

and jhu has videotaped lectures

Risa said:
Harvard not only has video taped lectures, you can search them by keyword, and the system will give you back a list of all the video clips that discuss your search topic. Wowzah!

:love: :love: :love:

don't forget that we also have video and audio podcasts. and, oh yeah, it's pass/fail, no aoa, and entirely unranked. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

All of the Michigan schools do:
MSU-CHM
Wayne St.
Michigan (w/ the 2x + "no chipmunk" option) :thumbup:

indo said:
I have a couple coworkers who apparently slept all the way through physical therapy school. You might try look into that.

nah, i think sleeping thru med sch will be more fun! biochem dreams

Mateodaspy said:
don't forget that we also have video and audio podcasts. and, oh yeah, it's pass/fail, no aoa, and entirely unranked. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

oooh i didn't know about the podcasts. i think i may have just fallen yet a little deeper in love!

DeigoT said:
I believe Drexel have their lectures available on line.

They do... many people don't go to class and just watch the lectures at double speed. Efficient!!! =)