Schools you haven't heard from yet...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering who hasn't heard from X school since your app was complete....So I'll start since my list seems a mile long! :rolleyes:

~OHSU (they said not to expect anything for another 6 weeks)
~UND (I heard they met 12/5)
~U Nevada
~UMN, Minn (they just sent me their 2ndary)
~Creighton (2ndary recently turned in)
~St. Louis (2ndary sent in a couple weeks ago)
~U Iowa

Members don't see this ad.

These schools haven't even told me if my app is complete (but, for all except Wake Forest, they've cashed my checks, and I know my LOR's were sent quite a while ago):
Jefferson
Mount Sinai
Saint Louis U.
Tufts
Vermont
Virginia
Wake Forest

These schools have told me I'm complete and my app is under review:
Boston
George Washington
JHU
MCPHahnemann
Michigan
OHSU
Pittsburgh
Wash U

File complete (all since September):
Rochester
Virginia
Dartmouth
Michigan
Iowa
Mayo (They have had my check since sept, I have not had their phone interview)

OHSU (Only complete since November)

Members don't see this ad :)
Brian here....good luck all....any upstaters are welcome to reply.

here is my list

U Rochester (rejected)
SUNY Upstate (accepted)
SUNY Downstate (waiting)
Albany (Application on hold)
New York MEd (interviewed and waiting)
SUNY Buffalo (waiting)
Jefferson (waiting)
MCP (waiting)
Medical College of Ohio (waiting)

Upstate is very cheap and the people there are wonderful. Its a nice city with lots to do...especially if you are into sports. The medical college is virtually on the SU campus. lots of activity....the only downfall is weather in central new york, but im used to it. it gives seasonal depression a whole new look.

Originally posted by SMW:
•These schools haven't even told me if my app is complete (but, for all except Wake Forest, they've cashed my checks, and I know my LOR's were sent quite a while ago):
Jefferson
Mount Sinai
Saint Louis U.
Tufts
Vermont
Virginia
Wake Forest

These schools have told me I'm complete and my app is under review:
Boston
George Washington
JHU
MCPHahnemann
Michigan
OHSU
Pittsburgh
Wash U•••

I just spoke to someone at Mount Sinai - this year they will not be sending out complete cards. So you might want to call them to see if they have everything.

OSU
Pitt
Sinai
Michigan

All complete since Septenmer 1, and not so much as a peep! But i see these school on lots of other lists...

These schools have at least told me my app is complete:

Umass
U Rochester

Not a word from:

Albany
Uconn
Yale (thier website says they have received everything, but it still says NO next to complete and under review ! What is up with that?)

So, I too am sitting and waiting. I know that this year is really screwed up, but it probably didn't help that my boss took six weeks to get my letters in the mail! Gotta love him.... :( :confused: :(

My application is complete yet I have not heard from (date I sent the secondary):

Dartmouth (August 15)
Mayo (Sept 23)
MCP-Hahnemann (Sept 4)
Stanford (Nov 5)
U of Nevada (August 30)
U of Vermont (Sept 4)
U of Washington (August 20)
Yale (August 20)

I am uncertain but fairly sure that my application is complete at:

OHSU (Sept 12)
Jefferson (August 30)

Originally posted by Brian20:
•the only downfall is weather in central new york, but im used to it. it gives seasonal depression a whole new look.•••

Try interior Alaska. -34 degrees, sunrise at 10:30 a.m., sunset at 2:30 p.m. - thank goodness for cheap whisky....

Complete at the following and no news at all:

Boston (Sept 21)
Dartmouth (Sept 17)
Harvard (Sept)
Cornell (Sept 7)
Johns Hopkins (Oct 7)
USC (Nov 4)
OHSU (Dec 3)
Stanford (Sept 7)
WashU (Oct 1)

Andrew

haven't heard from

USC
UCD
UCLA
UCSF
Boston U
Tufts
Creighton
MCP
Wayne State
U of Illinois
Chicago Med/Finch
Loyola
Temple
U of Iowa (but completed it just recently)

Lots more I can't think of

Altaskier

Have heard zilch from:

Mt. Sinai
Harvard
UPenn
JHU

I called to find out if my app was complete; I was almost disappointed when they said, "yes," b/c if they needed some materials and THAT's why I'd heard nothing...it would mean I wasn't in the "I don't think so" pile.

Hi All,

I'm new here--I found this site when I was at my wits end freaking out by myself!

I've heard from/gotten interviews at:
U of Rochester (good news)
Tufts (still waiting)
BU (still waiting)
Dartmouth (still waiting)
Baylor (have chewed nails to the bone waiting)
Pittsburgh (had to drop because they wouldn't reschedule)
UMass (12/11)
U of Pennsylvania (12/15)
Yale (just got the notice yesterday--can't call to make interview appointment until Tuesday!)

I haven't heard from:
Wash U (Complete since September)
George Washington (Complete)
Northwestern (I don't even think they've cashed my check!)
Emory (Complete since whenever)
Harvard (so many issues with Harvard--you know they *refused* to mail me my secondary until they had a preprinted address label for me and then when I finally did get my secondary 2 months later, the address on it was handwritten? Meanwhile I guess the application is complete--I have no idea and, since the admissions secretary and I don't really get along well, I am certain I won't find out for a while.)

So much waiting... I can't take it!

Good luck, all.

mma

I'm new here--I found this site when I was at my wits end freaking out by myself! ••

Welcome! Now you can freak out with us!

:D

Originally posted by gi:
•I was wondering who hasn't heard from X school since your app was complete....So I'll start since my list seems a mile long! :rolleyes:

•••

Just got a ND interview. Anyone else out there the 5th of Jan or that weekend? I haven't even heard of anyone else applying here from this site! For MT, they're a WHICHI school but I'm not sure if they are for anyone else.

Originally posted by gi:
•I was wondering who hasn't heard from X school since your app was complete....So I'll start since my list seems a mile long! :rolleyes:

•••

Just got a ND interview. Anyone else out there the 5th of Jan or that weekend? I haven't even heard of anyone else applying here from this site! For MT, they're a WHICHI school but I'm not sure if they are for anyone else.

Oh ya, and someone sent me a PM and it got erased from my hotmail account (oversized account!
:mad: ) sorry about not getting back to you...just send it to me again or post.