Schools You've Declined

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i will be declining washington state for sure... debating if i should call davis and withdraw :(

Members don't see this ad.

hey Wildfocus, do you know if Davis is still doing interviews? maybe they'd give somebody else your spot. Are you definitely going to CSU, then?

hey Wildfocus, do you know if Davis is still doing interviews? maybe they'd give somebody else your spot. Are you definitely going to CSU, then?

if i get into davis, i don't know what to do. i'm totally in love with davis (could be a very passionate marriage), but the research at colorado is fantastic and i think that it would be a slow steady love that could last forever.... plus i would be 200k in debt at davis. colorado would be more like 100k and is one of the best schools too. i'm an out-of-stater, so don't know what withdrawing early would do (interviews are over) except slim down the pool by one...

Members don't see this ad :)
I dunno then. Though if you decline before they make decisions then that would be a spot offered to someone else. After they send decisions they do that whole "we're waiting for 7 ppl to decline before we make the waitlist", so no pressure... :laugh: Still assuming we all get into Davis, you should come with us. Cause we're very cool. Though I'm sure CSU is too. Did you apply under the VSTP at Davis?

Hey guys,

I declined Kansas, Iowa, and Oregon today. I hope that opens up a seat for someone on here! :luck:

I have declined:
Admission at Kansas and Oregon
Waitlist at Wisconsin
Interview at Washington, UCDavis and Western

I hope that helps! Good luck to you all still waiting!!! :luck:

I'm declining my non-resident spot at Wisconsin. Hope this helps someone...

I am declining Michigan State and U of Minnesota. Good luck to those waiting! :luck:

Withdrew from LSU alternate list today.

I am declining the U. of Wisconsin's offer. Jeez... that was hard to do. I hope this helps someone! Good luck! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
im declining illinois (out of state) so far and am holding 3 other schools under further consideration. oh and i took myself off from number 93 on the wisconsin alternate list. hah!

i just declined davis, and feel like pooh (though i know i made the right decision). someone please tell me this heartache will go away!!

i just declined davis, and feel like pooh (though i know i made the right decision). someone please tell me this heartache will go away!!

It will go away. CSU is a fantastic school, Ft. Collins is a great city, and best of all you're in the DVM/PhD program NOW instead of having to apply to VSTP later! Plus skiing in Colorado is way better than in Tahoe :D

Will be declining:
Acceptance at Iowa and Purdue
Waitlist at Kansas

From what I understand [we have a mutal friend near CSU!] you should love the area :)

Congrats! on your offers! Very awesome!! :thumbup:

From what I understand [we have a mutal friend near CSU!] you should love the area :)

Congrats! on your offers! Very awesome!! :thumbup:

thanks cookie and sheltergirl... i'm feeling much better about the decision, but like a complete jerk for complaining at all!

sheltergirl, i'm wishing you the best of luck for next year!! :luck:

cookie - i have a feeling we will be meeting next year. :)

I send a letter to Penn declining my spot, I'll be going to Davis instead. I really liked Penn, but ultimately the desire to stay in CA and save a little money was too much. I was out of state, so good luck to everyone on the alternates list!

Well I've decided to turn down Cornell.. not an easy decision at all. Hopefully some one here gets the spot :) :luck:

I actually just declined Tufts and Illinois sometime around today (I put it in the mail Weds night). I meant to decline last week, but somehow that turned into this week - so good luck, some spots have just opened up! (Out of state)

I will be declining WSU. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

I will be declining WSU. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

Didn't you get accepted into both Tufts & Davis? Which one will you be choosing? I'm only being nosy since I applied to Davis & Tufts but Tufts put me on "hold", so I'm in complete admiration of you for getting into both!! I am jealous of your strong qualifications and am dying to know, which school will you choose??

Hope you choose Davis so I'll get a chance to meet you!

notified today of acceptance to washington state (from off the waitlist) - declined. also declined alternate status at illinois.

Declined Illinois, Purdue, and Michigan State. MSU was by far the hardest - the program is great, and the people are even better. If only East Lansing were a little more of a city, and the tuition wasn't so high!

I'll be declining Minnesota (out of state) as soon as I can force myself to put the form in the mailbox. Some parts of their program really impressed me, and the people and general vibe were great, but it was not so far above and beyond my other choices that I feel it's worth taking the residency gamble and maybe end up paying literally double what I would elsewhere. :(

Thx for giving us hope "Hi"! I gotta wait two weeks to find out. :eek:

Purdue (before interview, out of state), NCSU (soon) #14 on out-of-state waitlist...more to come....

I will be declining Tufts (tear) to attend Davis.

I have declined two admissions offers, Upenn and Wisconsin.

It was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made.

I will be declining acceptances at Kansas and LSU; waitlist at Illinois
Still mulling over the final decision between Minnesota and Mississippi...

Hope this helps! :)

LSU (contract) and OK-State (non-resident)

I'm starting to get my hopes up again about LSU - sigh...

I will be declining my non-resident spot at Tufts <sigh>. Good luck to everyone!

I will be declining Mississippi State (non-resident). I really liked the school though.

Sending my deposit to LSU. I'll be declining Illinois.

tsuki--what made you pick LSU over Illinois? If you don't mind sharing.

Declining in-state at Tufts (tearfully) and out-of-state at Illinois, and depositing at Penn.

Declined Mississippi State (out of state). This one was so tough! It's an awesome school!

Declining both the Ohio State University (out of state) and Auburn (KY contract). They're wonderful schools but ultimately Tennessee is a little bit better fit. Good luck to those waiting! (This is in addition to NCSU (out of state waitlist) that I mentioned before.)

Glasgow, Edinburgh, and LSU, the LSU paperwork gave me until June 15 (woah) to decide so anyone still on that waitlist def. has a chance!

I declined Iowa State in favor of Tennessee.

I withdrew from Kansas State in order to attend Iowa State.

You guys really make me feel like I put all my eggs in one basket by only applying to Michigan State (was really lucky to be accepted)! I got my BS here though, and my husband is a PhD student here, so it was one of those, "it's here or nowhere" things. Good luck to all of those still waiting and congrats to all that had the opportunity to actually decline a school!

Anyone coming to Michigan State this August? Looking forward to meeting you at orientation!

I declined U of Illinois for Iowa State. (A little piece of me died when I did it, but just a little one ;))