Hi all, to avoid confusion, can we have a thread where those who have chosen a final school announce the programs they've officially declined? It will be a great asset to those of us on waiting lists. Thanks.
Can anyone explain the April 15 (or 16 this year) deadline for replying to schools? In particular, I am worried that I will not be able to choose between two schools until May. Can you put deposits down at two schools if you are willing to loose the money in exchange for buying a little extra time to decide?
I go to a school with a million pre-vets and I know what you mean about the uber competitiveness and non-cooperation. I can't even describe how awful it is to get to get dirty looks just because you did well on an exam. All other pre-professional students are super supportive of each other and I always complain that pre-vets need to be more like that. Anywas, I'll get off my soap box now... I just had to vent.
You could try calling your two schools and explaining your situation. Especially if it's a military relocation, they might be understanding. They would be within their rights, of course, to say "send your deposit by April 16th or else." But you might find that at least one of them would be understanding enough to hold your place for a while longer without the deposit. Especially if you tell them that you're willing to put a deposit at both schools and not decide until you have all the information you need (i.e. them holding their ground is not going to get a faster response from you).For me personally, it wouldn't be about a tough decision between two schools, it would be about where my spouse could relocate to...
haha this whole conversation is hilarious to me...at my school the prevets (all like 100something of us) are all best friends and the premeds try to poison each other in their sleep! Funny too because unless you fail out of my school, you get into med school...not so with vet school!