Schwab vs Marianjoy in Chicago for an Elective Rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beards And Bagels

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’m a USMD that is possibly interested in PM&R but has had little exposure. Both Schwab and Marianjoy are options for me to do an elective.

These both look like great programs, and I would be happy to do an elective at either one. I wanted to choose the program that would provide the most diverse experience for both inpatient/outpatient exposure to solidify if I will end up applying PM&R. As an aside, Schwab is closer to my med school in the city. Any thoughts on students that have previously rotated at these hospitals?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I’m a USMD that is possibly interested in PM&R but has had little exposure. Both Schwab and Marianjoy are options for me to do an elective.

These both look like great programs, and I would be happy to do an elective at either one. I wanted to choose the program that would provide the most diverse experience for both inpatient/outpatient exposure to solidify if I will end up applying PM&R. As an aside, Schwab is closer to my med school in the city. Any thoughts on students that have previously rotated at these hospitals?
They’re on different sides of the city. I’d probably go to the one on the side of the city you prefer. I can’t say with any level of certainty that one is far ahead of the other, and I’ve known people from both programs that thought it was good training.

Reactions: 1 user
They’re on different sides of the city. I’d probably go to the one on the side of the city you prefer. I can’t say with any level of certainty that one is far ahead of the other, and I’ve known people from both programs that thought it was good training.

Great to know, thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.