Scid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swestudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a Master level student in Sweden and currently working on my thesis. I need to get a copy of the SCID questionaires in english urgently. I need both SCID 1 and II and the research version as well. Can anyone assist?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I'm a Master level student in Sweden and currently working on my thesis. I need to get a copy of the SCID questionaires in english urgently. I need both SCID 1 and II and the research version as well. Can anyone assist?

Thanks!

I'd imagine that in most cases, for an individual to send you copies of any of those forms would be a violation of copyright laws. Your best bet may be to contact the publisher directly.

Members don't see this ad :)
From the SCID website it is said that you are free to make copies for research education purposes: https://secure.cumc.columbia.edu/scid/
I contacted the publishers asking for free copies but was told that they don't give any free copies, even for students.

This is why I decided to ask since the only version available in the library is swedish and I need an english version.

From the SCID website it is said that you are free to make copies for research education purposes: https://secure.cumc.columbia.edu/scid/
I contacted the publishers asking for free copies but was told that they don't give any free copies, even for students.

This is why I decided to ask since the only version available in the library is swedish and I need an english version.

I could be mistaken, but my interpretation of that message is that you're free to make as many research/educational copies as you need once you've already purchased at least one SCID packet.

Sorry for the paranoia, but we get drilled pretty hard regarding the ethics of assessment form reproduction.

I could be mistaken, but my interpretation of that message is that you're free to make as many research/educational copies as you need once you've already purchased at least one SCID packet.

Sorry for the paranoia, but we get drilled pretty hard regarding the ethics of assessment form reproduction.

I understand, but like I said I have looked into this and feel sure it is not any violation. I have gotten approval from APA/APPI to use both the DSM and SCID infor in my thesis, I have been using the library's copy of the DSM; it's only the SCID in english that i'm having problems to locate.

I understand, but like I said I have looked into this and feel sure it is not any violation. I have gotten approval from APA/APPI to use both the DSM and SCID infor in my thesis, I have been using the library's copy of the DSM; it's only the SCID in english that i'm having problems to locate.

Programs often have budgets to purchase assessments like these. You may want to ask around about it or contact your DCT. If that doesn't work you could try any hospitals or organizations your school is affiliated with. Perhaps a researcher in your program collaborates with a researcher in an English speaking country... just some thoughts. hope it helps!