Science Classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Krupat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys my major is Evolutionary Anthropology and I will be getting a B.S. in it. Do these classes classify as science? Or do only some do?

I take classes like Evolutionary Molecular Anthropology: The book is titled Molecular Evolutionary Genetics.

I also take classes like Human Evolution and Primatology.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys my major is Evolutionary Anthropology and I will be getting a B.S. in it. Do these classes classify as science? Or do only some do?

I take classes like Evolutionary Molecular Anthropology: The book is titled Molecular Evolutionary Genetics.

I also take classes like Human Evolution and Primatology.

Thanks!

I don't know, man, but if you go to the AACOMAS website, you can fish around on there and find a list that clearly specifies how courses are labeled.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I ran into the same problem that you did when filling out applications. I am a kinesiology major and have taken courses like exercise physiology and biomechanics. Unfortunately when you fill out the application only those courses that are listed as biology, chemistry, physics and math count towards your science GPA.

When it comes to letter of recommendation, at least in my experience, they [the one school that applied to] were not very strict about the category. One of my science LOR was from my biomechanics professors and the school had no problem with it.

When the school looks at your application they will see the courses that you took beyond just what the science GPA is so try not to worry too much if it is not what you want it to be.

Best Of Luck!!

tumartin10,

You mentioned the BCPM which AACOMAS does not use to calculate your science gpa. They do not count math as a science. They do count the BCP as well as Engineering and many other science courses. I did see Kinesiology under other science - check it out

https://aacomas.aacom.org/survey/views/client/aacomas/collegesInstructions4.html

"AACOMAS will calculate your GPA and credit hours according to the following rules -- GPAs and credit hours will be calculated for Science, Non-Science and All course work. Science GPAs include Biology/Zoology, Biochemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Other Science, and Physics. Non-science GPAs include Behavioral Science, English, Math, and Other Non-science."