Science Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HappyFeet22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you know if some of your classes are "science classes" or not (except for the obvious ones)? Such as "Cognitive Psychology" or "Physiological Psychology"? And is Statistics considered to be a science class?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't quote me, but I think that these are considered Behavior science classes. I don't think that they are included in your science GPA though. Statistics depends on if it is regular statistics or the psychology statistics class. One is a math class and one is a psych class. Again, don't hold me to this.

There is a list that should help you out within the app system. If you go to the help section on the left side of the app page and click on faq a list should come up that includes course subjects. Click on the course subjects link and you will be able to navigate a general list of how to classify certain classes.

Btw... Does anyone know how to classify Capstone classes or independent research?
Also I am having trouble inputting retroactive credits I received by skipping earlier classes in a series, any advice?

Members don't see this ad :)
What if the course is called "Cognitive Neuroscience," but it falls under the department of Psychology?

If you get an A grade in them in then they count as science classes.

There is a list that should help you out within the app system. If you go to the help section on the left side of the app page and click on faq a list should come up that includes course subjects. Click on the course subjects link and you will be able to navigate a general list of how to classify certain classes.

Btw... Does anyone know how to classify Capstone classes or independent research?
Also I am having trouble inputting retroactive credits I received by skipping earlier classes in a series, any advice?

When I filled out my apps I counted my independent research credit into my science gpa. AACPM processed my apps and never said anything about it so put it under science gpa

Sorry in advance for reviving an old thread, but i didn't want to add an unnecessary thread to the list. Does anyone know how science courses are classified? By that i mean are they classified using the course number or the course name? I ask because my university has a different course number for electronics compared to other schools. So instead of EE201, it is AMT201. If anyone knows, please share.

Thanks