Science electives that will help in medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kawasaki95

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I am currently going into my final semester of undergraduate and require two electives to complete my degree. I was wondering which two of the following would be most beneficial for medical school.

The five following courses are offered to undergraduate students and are taught by the universities medical school faculty. The course options are: Human Medical Genetics, Human Physiology (meets 5 times per week so I imagine it is an intense course), Clinical Embryology, Medical Pharmacology, or Neurophysiology.

Thanks.
 
Hello,

I am currently going into my final semester of undergraduate and require two electives to complete my degree. I was wondering which two of the following would be most beneficial for medical school.

The five following courses are offered to undergraduate students and are taught by the universities medical school faculty. The course options are: Human Medical Genetics, Human Physiology (meets 5 times per week so I imagine it is an intense course), Clinical Embryology, Medical Pharmacology, or Neurophysiology.

Thanks.
Top two would be Physiology and Genetics, then Embryology.
 
Yeah, physiology and genetics would be pretty useful. Although I would place embryology before genetics. It's better to have a strong background in that, I think.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
taking the easiest and least time consuming electives possible and studying for ur mcat is the best route