Scientifically Silly WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WildZoo

Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
partofsolutionnavy_fullpic.jpg

Science. Frack yeah.

You have all received a role PM, complete with a random meme, loosely tied to your random role name. Role names mean nothing here. Neither do the memes. I chose ones that amused me.

Setup

It has been slightly altered because I prefer werewolf flavor, but otherwise follows everything on the page above.

Rules and Gameflow:
1. No screenshots, direct quotes, copy and paste, or use of timestamps from your role PMs. You may paraphrase and make stuff up if you so choose. Don't try to use village code.
2. Feel free to edit your posts, but do not edit lynch votes.
3. This game will be running with plurality in effect. This means that day will close as soon as one player has the majority of the votes (half rounded down, plus 1). Otherwise lynch will close at deadline (10pm EST). Plurality holds true EVEN IF I AM NOT HERE TO CLOSE LYNCH IMMEDIATELY.
4. I REPEAT. LYNCH IS CLOSED WHEN PLURALITY IS REACHED, NO MATTER WHEN I SHOW UP TO OFFICIALLY CLOSE IT.

5. If deadline is reached and there is a tie, the player who had the most votes before the tie occurred will be lynched.
6. If day closes early, the following night cycle will be half the amount of time of that day cycle, unless actions are received early (so if day closes in 6 hours, night will officially be 3 hours). Otherwise, night deadline is 6am EST.
7. There is no PMing in this game, besides the wolf PM.
8. If you have questions, ask them in your role PM.
...I'm probably forgetting something.

Roster:

1. @PippyPony
2. @bryndiana.jones
3. @Animal Midwife
4. @SARdoghandler
5. @CoffeeQuestionMark
6. @Skimble
7. @PrincessButterCup
8. @Melchizedek
9. @dolphin106258

Table of Contents
Day 1 - Peebs pulverized - vanillager
Night 1 - SAR stabbed - vanillager
Day 2 - Coffee? poured down the drain - vanillager
Night 2 - Cheezit crunch crunched - village tracker
Day 3 - bj hammered - village seer
Wolves win!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
And so it begins...

Dubz ran around like a chicken with her head cut off. Ok, sure, her PI hadn't actually told her what to work on today, but that wasn't going to stop her from getting something started. If anyone asked, she'd just tell them she compulsively does random science when she's anxious. It's close enough to the truth.

But something was going horribly wrong! Her serious scientific brain had been infiltrated by all these memes, and now all she could think about were horrible, horrible puns.

What do you do with a sick chemist? She thought. If you can't helium, and you can't curium, you might as well barium!

She cringed, shuddered, and went back to searching for the agarose. There were plates to make before someone showed up and asked her just what she was making plates for anyway. But her thoughts still rolled through the memes...and it is within dubz's thoughts that we now find ourselves.

You all are part of this silly scientific game, but some among you are more nefarious than others. For you have not just silliness in mind...but slaughter! And we can't have a brilliant scientist losing vital parts of her scientific knowledge, now can we? Best ferret out those insidious individuals...

It is now Day 1. Lynch deadline is at 10pm EST. With 9 players, plurality is 5 votes. Lynch wisely.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't think I've ever done plurality on Day 1, but I'll figure it out as I go.

Lynch Coffee?

Why?

I feel like the point of plurality is to make people be MORE cautious with their votes, not to quickly jump on one person for kicks

Why not?

Indeed it is, but it's also about arranging the vote in an artful manner. Also, as I said, this is new territory for me to deal with it on Day 1 so mistakes may happen.

Ok well I like coffeebean as a player and don't want to make her a D1 science experiment

Lynch AM

To put someone else on the board

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Why not?

Indeed it is, but it's also about arranging the vote in an artful manner. Also, as I said, this is new territory for me to deal with it on Day 1 so mistakes may happen.
This is seems very lackadaisical about throwing in a vote and then later saying "oops I guess it didn't work out"

This is seems very lackadaisical about throwing in a vote and then later saying "oops I guess it didn't work out"

Interesting that people are coming to Coffee's defense with her having posted anything. She only has two votes.

A game with puns? :heckyeah:
AUG.

I wanted to be first - i was going to make a start codon joke
I hate that I knew where this was going before I read the explanation

Interesting that people are coming to Coffee's defense with her having posted anything. She only has two votes.
I would be saying this no matter who you were voting for, if it was followed by what I quoted above.

So you just don't like that I'm voting early then?
No, what I don't like is you voting for the only person who has any votes, followed up by this

Why not?

because you say votes should be arranged in an artful manner, but that seems contradictory with your quick vote on someone who has yet to check in.

No, what I don't like is you voting for the only person who has any votes, followed up by this

because you say votes should be arranged in an artful manner, but that seems contradictory with your quick vote on someone who has yet to check in.

This is related to Coffee? then because Coffee? was the only one with a vote. How do you know she hasn't checked in yet? And why can't quick votes be artful?

And plurality is 5 votes -- it's not like this is a giant game

I understand but people are going to, ideally, have more than one vote by the end of the day. We're more than halfway into the cycle now.

This is related to Coffee? then because Coffee? was the only one with a vote. How do you know she hasn't checked in yet? And why can't quick votes be artful?
It's related to you voting for the only person who had any votes, and saying you will learn as you go but will likely make some mistakes. I get the later half but I'm guessing this game has two wolves, if you and skim aren't ones then all coffee needs are the wolves to hop on her lynch and one more villager, and she's toast. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my definition of checking in, is that the person hops on thread and posts something. So up to this point, you, Pip, Skim, Mel, SAR, and myself are the only ones who have checked in. I guess your vote could be artful, but my concern is about the potential speed at which this could gain steam, and result in a mislynch of someone who has yet to even post on thread.

It's related to you voting for the only person who had any votes, and saying you will learn as you go but will likely make some mistakes. I get the later half but I'm guessing this game has two wolves, if you and skim aren't ones then all coffee needs are the wolves to hop on her lynch and one more villager, and she's toast. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my definition of checking in, is that the person hops on thread and posts something. So up to this point, you, Pip, Skim, Mel, SAR, and myself are the only ones who have checked in. I guess your vote could be artful, but my concern is about the potential speed at which this could gain steam, and result in a mislynch of someone who has yet to even post on thread.

You don't have to guess how many wolves. This is a semi-open setup and all possible combination have been presented to us. Why do you propose both wolves will jump on her lynch? Would anyone find that suspicious? I guess if that's your definition of checking in, then it's reasonable, but mine is related to viewing SDN/this thread which may or may not be visible.

I get the later half but I'm guessing this game has two wolves
Set up is linked in the intro post; all of those combos have 2 wolves.

if you and skim aren't ones then all coffee needs are the wolves to hop on her lynch and one more villager, and she's toast.
I guess your vote could be artful, but my concern is about the potential speed at which this could gain steam, and result in a mislynch of someone who has yet to even post on thread.
This is maybe taking it a little too far.

Wolves aren't all going to rapidly pile on a vote on someone who hasn't made a single comment. Consider how that would look in retrospect.

Analyzing it from that perspective, I'd probably be more inclined to look at who stays OFF an opportunistic lynch rather than who jumps on it.

Edit: mostly ninja'd by AM

Last edited:
You don't have to guess how many wolves. This is a semi-open setup and all possible combination have been presented to us. Why do you propose both wolves will jump on her lynch? Would anyone find that suspicious? I guess if that's your definition of checking in, then it's reasonable, but mine is related to viewing SDN/this thread which may or may not be visible.
It's one option for them, not that they would do it, but it would be an easy way to hide. Of course everyone should find lynches that gain steam quickly suspicious. Well, I can't argue with you on that. What do you think of the people who have posted on thread so far?

mine is related to viewing SDN/this thread which may or may not be visible.
Unrelated tangent, but this is annoying. A person's activity on the rest of the site should not be used for a WW data point, as it is not part of the game. It's also not fair to people who don't wish to turn off their online status or don't know how.

Set up is linked in the intro post; all of those combos have 2 wolves.

This is maybe taking it a little too far.

Wolves aren't all going to rapidly pile on a vote on someone who hasn't made a single comment. Consider how that would look in retrospect.

Analyzing it from that perspective, I'd probably be more inclined to look at who stays OFF an opportunistic lynch rather than who jumps on it.
I know it wouldn't look good. It's not like AM can't change later, it just seemed weird for her to jump on coffee the way that she did.

It's one option for them, not that they would do it, but it would be an easy way to hide. Of course everyone should find lynches that gain steam quickly suspicious. Well, I can't argue with you on that. What do you think of the people who have posted on thread so far?

I don't have an opinion yet because Pippy and you are the only ones who've posted strategy (aside from Skim's vote).

Unrelated tangent, but this is annoying. A person's activity on the rest of the site should not be used for a WW data point, as it is not part of the game. It's also not fair to people who don't wish to turn off their online status or don't know how.

I never said I was using it as a data point.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok. I ama awake again but the migraine continues so we'll see how well I hold up.

Loud people on thread so far are all sounding relatively village - or at least not pinging my feels at this point. Not sure how much I like Skimble's joke vote today. Yes, normally I'm a joke voter d1 as well but it can almost seem careless when plurality is in play. Probably NAI as it was very early and the first on the board.

Ok. I ama awake again but the migraine continues so we'll see how well I hold up.

Loud people on thread so far are all sounding relatively village - or at least not pinging my feels at this point. Not sure how much I like Skimble's joke vote today. Yes, normally I'm a joke voter d1 as well but it can almost seem careless when plurality is in play. Probably NAI as it was very early and the first on the board.
It’s not a joke vote. I’m being dead serious.

Am I the only one that has played games where plurality was in effect? I’ve never seen people make such a huge deal over it on, especially D1 when it’s less likely to come into play. Are you all going to hold your votes because you are afraid of plurality? Calm down everyone and just play the game. Be aware of plurality and maybe don’t be the person that pushes it over the edge unless you feel very strongly that person needs to go.

It’s not a joke vote. I’m being dead serious.

Am I the only one that has played games where plurality was in effect? I’ve never seen people make such a huge deal over it on, especially D1 when it’s less likely to come into play. Are you all going to hold your votes because you are afraid of plurality? Calm down everyone and just play the game. Be aware of plurality and maybe don’t be the person that pushes it over the edge unless you feel very strongly that person needs to go.

Noted .I think the emoji is what gave it a jokey vibe. Either way though, at this point you are voting for someone based on a past incidence, not because you think they are a wolf correct?

Day 1 Please Refrain From Unzipping Your Genes Lynch Tally

coffee? (2) - skil, AM
AM (1) - pip

Plurality = 5 votes
3/9 voting

Not voting: bj, SAR, coffee?, peebs, cheezit, dolphin

Deadline: 10pm EST (~8.5 hours)

kitteh in bread.jpg

the vote that causes plurality is called a hammer vote. If you plan on being the person that hammer votes, it’s usually good form to state your intent to hammer before you do so.

Reactions: 1 users
Noted .I think the emoji is what gave it a jokey vibe. Either way though, at this point you are voting for someone based on a past incidence, not because you think they are a wolf correct?
I am voting for cof? based off an incidence in THIS game, and that is more reason than I have to vote for anyone else currently. I definitely believe she could be a wolf.

Aug is also the abbreviation for August, which is this month. Isn't that weird?

I am voting for cof? based off an incidence in THIS game, and that is more reason than I have to vote for anyone else currently. I definitely believe she could be a wolf.
Well ANYONE could be a wolf. Certainly not at the point of signups though so they aren't connected at all

Ok but technically the "incident" was before game start and before roles so should have no bearing on whether coffee is a wolf or not. So based on 0 posts at the time of your vote you definitely believe she could be a wolf. I have no problem with joke/revenge/offend votes or whatever but I'm liking this line of thought less as time goes on

Well ANYONE could be a wolf. Certainly not at the point of signups though so they aren't connected at all
My point is that it was still something associated with the game and not a previous game. I don’t have a reason to vote for anyone else right now, and I don’t have a reason not to vote for you, so for now my vote is staying where it is.

Ok but technically the "incident" was before game start and before roles so should have no bearing on whether coffee is a wolf or not. So based on 0 posts at the time of your vote you definitely believe she could be a wolf. I have no problem with joke/revenge/offend votes or whatever but I'm liking this line of thought less as time goes on
It’s a d1 vote, calm down.

Lynch Skimble

To have another option on the board and so far the only things that have pinged me today.

I feel like I should be bugging people to check in but then realize that there's still like 7 hours til close and I'm just not usually around this much early in the day