Scientifically Silly WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Most memorable rojo game for me was definitely Sword of Truth (and by that I mean game we both played. I wasn't around early enough to get to play any of the games he modded :( )

But like...does anyone remember which game it was where the "rojo" term was cemented? Because I honestly have no clue
Dunno why I'm asking you guys though, most of you never played with him :laugh:

I seem to remember hearing some story about how someone got an email with the original post before he edited it (and that might have been the beginning?), but I can't recall who said that.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I seem to remember hearing some story about how someone got an email with the original post before he edited it (and that might have been the beginning?), but I can't recall who said that.
Ahahaha. Good old email notifications. I think some version of it happened in multiple games, which is why he got stuck with it being named after him.

Most memorable rojo game for me was definitely Sword of Truth (and by that I mean game we both played. I wasn't around early enough to get to play any of the games he modded :( )

But like...does anyone remember which game it was where the "rojo" term was cemented? Because I honestly have no clue

Got my shovel out and went diggin’
Didn’t dig a deep enough hole to find the original game because I am le tired
Also, 3 year ago me posted not once, but twice in a row in the main thread instead of the wolf pm... And actually caught it before anyone playing both times (Caia who was lurking saw it)... Almost got away with it...

Except someone had email alerts and saw my post :lame:

Hence, whenever anyone else does it, people refer to it as rojoing it, despite me clearly not being the first

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my shovel out and went diggin’
Didn’t dig a deep enough hole to find the original game because I am le tired
Okay so I got out the excavator

Accidently posting on the main thread instead of in the wolf chat, usually something like, 'we should kill xxx tonight'

Bonus points if you out a fellow wolf in said post

Triple bonus points if you catch it, delete it before anyone sees it, then do it again 5 minutes later and catch it again, only to be outted by someone who gets email alerts...

Which is to say I basically did all of that

I had to read through how many old games to see all these... you guys are spoiling all the noobs. :p

Start here and just go to the lynch end.

For some reason, despite tons of people having made the same mistake before and since, Rojo'd seems to have stuck.

Reactions: 3 users
Kind of sad there's not more enthusiasm for Futurama (if you all couldn't tell from my avatar...), but also get it. I've actually got that one decently developed in my head and will be putting those ideas to paper soon.

Would 100% run GoT or Parks & Rec with you, if you want help

Would love help! Would def do Parks and Rec first because it would be a much simpler game set up. That's actually the game I've got developed the least so far (started thinking about it over the weekend), but have some ideas for it. Will make sure to contact you when I get a little farther with development, likely in the next couple of weeks :)

Love love Parks & Rec, but there is not theme I will not play.

Except med school, groce :p And I would want to catch up on GoT before that one because spoilers.

Sounds like WWPR will be my first game then!

You'll have plenty of time to catch up on GoT, if that game ever happens it will literally take months to design as it will be potentially massive (could be 40+ players) and there will be game dynamics that may legitimately have never been done before. I won't spoil them, but if it gets executed properly (pun intended) it will be a truly epic game and will likely require multiple mods (min 3).

Med school would be a pretty basic game just with some of the stereotypical caricatures of med school, like the gunner, the person who only shows up on test day, the ortho-bro, and the PhD professor who talks about their own research too much. Maybe there'll be a unique mechanic (I love game mechanics), but it wouldn't be anything too crazy.

I would totally help run GoT and plan/run WWMed School
If you want to have a massive game I suggest posting sign ups two/three weeks early in the lounge because there's a lot of loungers that are willing to sign up for the occasional game that is well written and designed v.s. some people that play in pre-vet and balk at a 25+ person game.

Would definitely love help on GoT once I start developing it more and help modding WWMed School! The GoT one would likely be a lounge game/crossover game because as I said it would be epic. I'd try and time it with the actual final season of GoT, so would likely happen 6-8ish months from now if it happens.

Complicated, yes. Cut-throat...eh. I feel like we've had just as much if not more bite over here, because people have time for it lol At least comparing the games I've played.

Do games regularly run in the lounge? I've tried looking for them there but haven't actually seen any since I started paying attention to WW.

Reactions: 1 users
This particular piece of advice for the noob circus pm got stuck in my head...

rojo: For the love of all things holy, please tell no one this role unless your results have told you they are a villager.

Reactions: 2 users
Complicated, yes. Cut-throat...eh. I feel like we've had just as much if not more bite over here, because people have time for it lol At least comparing the games I've played.
Ehhhhh. Disagree a bit on that one lol

People like you in the lounge, remember ;)

Kind of sad there's not more enthusiasm for Futurama (if you all couldn't tell from my avatar...), but also get it. I've actually got that one decently developed in my head and will be putting those ideas to paper soon.

Would love help! Would def do Parks and Rec first because it would be a much simpler game set up. That's actually the game I've got developed the least so far (started thinking about it over the weekend), but have some ideas for it. Will make sure to contact you when I get a little farther with development, likely in the next couple of weeks :)

Sounds like WWPR will be my first game then!

You'll have plenty of time to catch up on GoT, if that game ever happens it will literally take months to design as it will be potentially massive (could be 40+ players) and there will be game dynamics that may legitimately have never been done before. I won't spoil them, but if it gets executed properly (pun intended) it will be a truly epic game and will likely require multiple mods (min 3).

Med school would be a pretty basic game just with some of the stereotypical caricatures of med school, like the gunner, the person who only shows up on test day, the ortho-bro, and the PhD professor who talks about their own research too much. Maybe there'll be a unique mechanic (I love game mechanics), but it wouldn't be anything too crazy.

Would definitely love help on GoT once I start developing it more and help modding WWMed School! The GoT one would likely be a lounge game/crossover game because as I said it would be epic. I'd try and time it with the actual final season of GoT, so would likely happen 6-8ish months from now if it happens.

Do games regularly run in the lounge? I've tried looking for them there but haven't actually seen any since I started paying attention to WW.
I will play any game! But, admittedly don't know **** about Futurama

I like futurama for the same reason that I can't mod this game:
Its a well written show with some jokes that you really have to be paying attention to, to catch. I have only seen the first season because I only watch it when I have time, which I haven't lately. Having only seen the first season I can't really help with it.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, they're fairly infrequent. I'll post links to a few in a minute if you want to get a feel for what they tend to be like.

Lounge games!
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/wwar-for-the-imperium-of-man.1294377/ <---in which I'm pretty sure genny killed me for no reason?
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/an-adventure-wwith-you-the-age-of-the-gods.1273137/ <----in which the game is over 100 pages long
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/a-very-wwerewolfe-christmas.1233237/ <----- in which the writeups are just so lovely
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/ww-the-lost-colony.1211678/ <---in which DocE tells me I'm bad at this game, and I laugh, because it's tru
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/true-crime-ww.1176452/ <-----another one where i died early
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/ww-arcanum.1119051/ <---------Just...explosions. In more ways than one!
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/at-wworlds-end-game.1115836/page-2#post-16076131 <-------can you say...faction game?? :heckyeah:
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/ww-all-stars-game-thread.1056276/ <------first lounge game I ever read I think

There are tons more going back years, these are just the ones I remembered enough to be able to find.

Okay, y'all need to watch more Futurama. If you liked the Simpsons at all it's basically that except way more intelligent and 100x better. Probably one of the best shows of all time imo and legit hits almost every kind of humor there is out there (intelligent, witty, stupid, slap-stick, crude, etc). Plus it's the first show to ever be cancelled by one network then be picked up and completed by another network, because it was just that good. Not to mention the dynamics of the show make for a perfect WW game set-up.

Edit: It also has one of the best series finales of all time. Not so much because it's epic or anything like that, but just because it's a perfect fit for the show and leaves you with both a feeling of happiness and sadness at the same time. It's one of the very, very few shows that can legitimately be hilarious and still hit you really f'ing hard in the feelz at the same time (see Jurassic Bark episode). Sorry for the rant, I just can't help it with that show!

But now I'm sitting here wondering if I actually would've role revealed normally. Lylo compelles me to be extremely cagey and sketchy.
I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t have done it if you were a PR. I think it’s always a bad idea, especially when you still have more than one wolf left.

Of course. I am very open during the regular game and even share tallies sometimes.

Which btw, I was seeing how long I could go without someone calling me out for not posting one.
Tallies are more useful after a wolf dies, IMO.

I see it’s been answered, but yeah, pokemon. I seriously thought I was going to kill him.

I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t have done it if you were a PR. I think it’s always a bad idea, especially when you still have more than one wolf left.
Even if it's LyLo though? Eh. I'm usually in favor of all cards on the table at that point. It's unfortunate for the village they made the wrong choice here, but they were likely to make the wrong choice anyway. Might as well get all the information out there, they've got nothing to lose. Thinking about it too far in the future is silly when the game is about to end. In this setup, you guys had already narrowed down the remaining PR to one of two players anyway. So without anyone revealing anything, super long shot odds of catching a wolf, and even if they did, 50/50 shot they lose the PR overnight - and that's if there wasn't something that happened during the day to make her more obvious anyway.

The problem for village was there was way, way too much discussing why it was a good or bad idea (or rather, discussing that it was a bad idea, wasn't much talk of why) and not enough acting on it. They gave you guys all day to plan, and then didn't have enough time to think critically.

Reactions: 2 users
Even if it's LyLo though? Eh. I'm usually in favor of all cards on the table at that point. It's unfortunate for the village they made the wrong choice here, but they were likely to make the wrong choice anyway. Might as well get all the information out there, they've got nothing to lose. Thinking about it too far in the future is silly when the game is about to end. In this setup, you guys had already narrowed down the remaining PR to one of two players anyway. So without anyone revealing anything, super long shot odds of catching a wolf, and even if they did, 50/50 shot they lose the PR overnight - and that's if there wasn't something that happened during the day to make her more obvious anyway.

The problem for village was there was way, way too much discussing why it was a good or bad idea (or rather, discussing that it was a bad idea, wasn't much talk of why) and not enough acting on it. They gave you guys all day to plan, and then didn't have enough time to think critically.
I will also add that mass claiming only works in games with majority voting is in effect; otherwise, a wolf could just refuse to claim all day, and waste discussion time. The threat of being lynched at any point in the day keeps the mass claim moving.

I will also add that mass claiming only works in games with majority voting is in effect; otherwise, a wolf could just refuse to claim all day, and waste discussion time. The threat of being lynched at any point in the day keeps the mass claim moving.
They can probably stall anyway, especially if it's already been established that they're busy...and that's basically what happened lol

It might not be as beneficial with plurality lynches but still gives some info and I don't see a good argument for village being against giving the rest of the village as much info as possible when the game is about to end anyway (barring games where mass claiming is against the rules or something).

They can probably stall anyway, especially if it's already been established that they're busy...and that's basically what happened lol

It might not be as beneficial with plurality lynches but still gives some info and I don't see a good argument for village being against giving the rest of the village as much info as possible when the game is about to end anyway (barring games where mass claiming is against the rules or something).
That is absolutely what happened
Lynch only closed like 5 minutes early:p