SCO Clinical Experience

Started by EAK22
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EAK22

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey!

I am trying to make a final decision between SCO, ICO, and PCO and have come across a major dilemma that could use some opinions. I am leaning towards SCO based on my "gut" feeling and significantly lower cost (I received a scholarship), however I am concerned about their 4th year set up. Where ICO and PCO have 4 and 5 externship rotations, they only have 3 rotations. Is this going to significantly affect my clinical exposure, or are SCO students still well prepared after just three rotations? A strong clinical program is important to me!

Thanks!
 
if you received a scholarship, go to SCO. You'll be glad you did after you graduate. optometric programs are similiar everywhere it's up to you on how you want to set up your rotation experience. I think this one is a no brainer. g'luck!
 
if you received a scholarship, go to SCO. You'll be glad you did after you graduate. optometric programs are similiar everywhere it's up to you on how you want to set up your rotation experience. I think this one is a no brainer. g'luck!

Yep.