SCO vs. PCO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

als98a

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have just be accepted to both of these schools and am finding it hard to decide between the two. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I have just be accepted to both of these schools and am finding it hard to decide between the two. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

if i was holding the ball.. im shooting it at PCO.. :)

its a goodschool with a awsome reputation.

SCO!!! :love:

PCO was on my list too, but money is my deciding factor. PCO costs a lot more and the cost of living is much higher there than in Memphis. They're both awesome schools!

Members don't see this ad :)
HI! I have an interview at SCO this Friday (Jan 25th) and was wondering what type of questions you were asked in your interview there? It is my number one choice since I'm from TN.

HI! I have an interview at SCO this Friday (Jan 25th) and was wondering what type of questions you were asked in your interview there? It is my number one choice since I'm from TN.

Check out the interview feedback section here on SDN. It'll give you a really good idea of what kind of questions are asked!

JMU07- do you think SCO made their decision for admittance mainly on your application or your interview? If you don't mind telling me your GPA and OAT? I have 3.8 GPA and AA was 330 ,TS 330. Thanks for your help!

Most were the basic:
1. Why Optometry?
2. Why SCO?
3. What community service have you done?
4. Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years?
but one that kind of caught me off guard was "How is optometry a political profession?"

It was a very laid back interview and everyone is extremely friendly. It was a great experience!

Thanks for your help! Have you decided whether you will attend SCO or not?

Thanks for your help! Have you decided whether you will attend SCO or not?

Not 100%, but I am leaning that direction! Good luck in your interview!

JMU07- do you think SCO made their decision for admittance mainly on your application or your interview? If you don't mind telling me your GPA and OAT? I have 3.8 GPA and AA was 330 ,TS 330. Thanks for your help!

I honestly think it was my interview. I have a 3.1, with AA 350 TS 360. Not many extracurriculars, other than working for an OD for a year and being actively involved at my church.

edit: I'm glad they didn't ask me that political question!! None of mine were that serious.

PCO wasn't a school i applied to but i applied to SCO not thinking that is where i would end up but i LOVED it there and thats where i'll be next fall

p.s. i got the politics question :oops:

Well, I have mailed my deposit in to SCO! I think it is a great decision! Thanks for the help guys!:)