scope of CCS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kinzy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! If I were to go over all 51 UW CCS cases is it reasonable to feel like I've covered most of the scope of the topics that could come up? I'm in peds, and feel like I've been away from a lot of the bread and butter adult medicine for a while and was trying to find a way to ensure I've covered the majority of stuff that may crop up on CCS - I'm finding I'm forgetting a lot of the little things UW includes on their scoring rubric for each case.

Members don't see this ad.

If you go over all 51 practice cases, as well as, read the 40 or so other cases that are included, you'll be prepared.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

If you go over all 51 practice cases, as well as, read the 40 or so other cases that are included, you'll be prepared.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Thanks for your help! Which are the 40 others that you refer to? I just see 51 interactive cases on the UW CCS thing!

Yea there are the interactive ones but if you look somewhere on there in the ccs section there are also another 40 or so cases but they are not interactive, they're just read-only. I would read those as well.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think doing the Uworld CCS cases is enough to cover CCS prep? What are the ********** prep people talk about vs Crush CCS. One looks like a book and the other like videos. Any thoughts? Good luck Kinzy!

Do you guys think doing the Uworld CCS cases is enough to cover CCS prep? What are the ********** prep people talk about vs Crush CCS. One looks like a book and the other like videos. Any thoughts? Good luck Kinzy!
U world written cases and sim cases together are plenty. I ran through the sims twice and the written cases once and the CCS was my strongest performance on the real thing. But like I said in a previous post of mine, be prepared for 1-2 curveball cases that really require on-your-feet thinking. The rest will be gimmes.

Reactions: 1 user
Overkill, I went through only the simulation cases offered by nbme, the 6 cases on the website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user