Score Conversion XChart

Started by NYCDesi
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NYCDesi

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone please post a recent score conversion chart for the OAT? I have been looking for one all over the place and cant find one.

I really appreciate it,
Thank you
 
This is the only thing I can find in the OAT registration packet:

The OAT is scored on a scale of 200-400, with 300 as the national average.

OAT Score: Percentile Band Equivalent:
400 99.3 - 100
390 98.5 - 99.2
380 97.1 - 98.4
370 96 - 97
360 93 - 95
350 88 - 92
340 82 - 87
330 75 - 81
320 66 -74
310 56 - 65
300 46 - 55
290 36 - 45
280 27 - 35
270 20 - 26
260 14 - 19
250 9 - 13
240 6 - 8
230 3.2 - 5
220 1.8 - 3.1
210 1 - 1.7
200 0 - 0.9

- Rosanna
 
Rosanna said:
This is the only thing I can find in the OAT registration packet:

The OAT is scored on a scale of 200-400, with 300 as the national average.

OAT Score: Percentile Band Equivalent:
400 99.3 - 100
390 98.5 - 99.2
380 97.1 - 98.4
370 96 - 97
360 93 - 95
350 88 - 92
340 82 - 87
330 75 - 81
320 66 -74
310 56 - 65
300 46 - 55
290 36 - 45
280 27 - 35
270 20 - 26
260 14 - 19
250 9 - 13
240 6 - 8
230 3.2 - 5
220 1.8 - 3.1
210 1 - 1.7
200 0 - 0.9

- Rosanna
Wow, I thought that 300 was about 75%
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
J.opt said:
Wow, I thought that 300 was about 75%
It's not a percentage score, it's based on how your score compares to others who took the test at the same sitting -- this keeps the scores normalized to allow for any differences in difficulty in the individual exams (since the exams are obviously different each time they're given). 🙂
 
NYCDesi said:
Can someone please post a recent score conversion chart for the OAT? I have been looking for one all over the place and cant find one.

I really appreciate it,
Thank you

remember, it's not a percent, but based on how everyone does