Aug 7, 2016
1
0
Status
Pre-Medical
I wrote the aug 5 test and decided I should keep studying with the intention to rewrite on Sept 10 since this is the last test I can take for this application cycle (Canadian med school). I am having trouble setting a cutoff score, so when sept 7th comes around and I get my results I can either cancel my sept 10th rewrite or go ahead with it. My raw GPA is 3.848 -- to get into Ontario med school what should I be aiming for on the MCAT?
 
Mar 20, 2012
278
307
Status
Medical Student
I wrote the aug 5 test and decided I should keep studying with the intention to rewrite on Sept 10 since this is the last test I can take for this application cycle (Canadian med school). I am having trouble setting a cutoff score, so when sept 7th comes around and I get my results I can either cancel my sept 10th rewrite or go ahead with it. My raw GPA is 3.848 -- to get into Ontario med school what should I be aiming for on the MCAT?
I don't know what MCAT score would make you competitive for Canadian schools. But I wanted to note that the deadline to cancel a Sep. 9 or 10 exam is Sep. 2. So if you wait until you receive your score on Sep. 7, you will be unable to cancel. Your only option, then, would be to just not show up for the test or to void it if you do go. Either way, it will count as an attempt. So you should be very sure of wanting to take it on that date if you get a score you don't like.

Link to cancellation deadlines:
https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/article/2015-mcat-registration-deadlines/