Score on First Full Length

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Detective SnowBucket

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I just took the diagnostic exam for a Kaplan course (which I am sure was designed to give me a low score so I was expecting ~503-4) and got wrecked. I mean 497 with 124 chem/phys, 125 cars, 122 bio/biochem & 126 psych/soc.
How much did you improve and what was your score?

Members don't see this ad.

I’d like to know too cuz I’m in a similar situation (got a 501 on first FL - AAMC Sample FL - which is prolly the same as your Kaplan FL after adjusting for deflation).

What's your target score? I wouldn't worry about any diagnostic. If that's your score close to your test I would reschedule though.

AAMC sample FL is much easier than the real thing so 501 is low if you're close to your test date. If it's just a diagnostic I wouldn't worry about it.

What's your target score? I wouldn't worry about any diagnostic. If that's your score close to your test I would reschedule though.

AAMC sample FL is much easier than the real thing so 501 is low if you're close to your test date. If it's just a diagnostic I wouldn't worry about it.

My test is scheduled for April. Trust me, if I'm scoring like this near April I won't be taking the real thing lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Take Kaplan's scores with a grain of salt... My highest Kaplan score was a 507 and Ive scored a 510, 512 and 513 on AAMC FL's. Kaplan is no where near what the AAMC is. Dont stress, I say if you are between a 505-508 on Kaplans you should be solid for a good score. Im taking the MCAT on the 20th so ill come back with my actual score

Take Kaplan's scores with a grain of salt... My highest Kaplan score was a 507 and Ive scored a 510, 512 and 513 on AAMC FL's. Kaplan is no where near what the AAMC is. Dont stress, I say if you are between a 505-508 on Kaplans you should be solid for a good score. Im taking the MCAT on the 20th so ill come back with my actual score
Please do, Im interested to hear the spread of Fls vs Kap vs Real Deal