• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!
Nov 24, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello,
I just took AAMC Full length I and got a 508 (128/126/127/127) is it possible to get 512 come test day, end of January?

Also, when reviewing I noticed that for B/B I missed questions that I would have gotten easily had I read the questions more carefully, any tips on how to improve this? I find myself rushing to read because of fear of running out of time...

Feb 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Continue working on the rest of AAMC FL’s and see where you’re at. Those additional practice will also help you pace better with B/B.

Oct 16, 2020
frameshiftmcat.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
So, for pacing—as you keep practicing, try to develop a sense for when you're investing time usefully and when you're just spinning your wheels. If you're recognizing questions where you're pretty sure that an extra 10-20 seconds spent reading the question would have allowed you to get it right, well...that 10-20 seconds would have by definition been a good use of time.

On the other hand, you know how there are questions where you just kinda get caught in a loop trying to choose between two answer choices or perfecting a calculation? Let's say there are 4 questions like that per section. If you can save 30 seconds each on those 4 questions by recognizing that you're going down an unproductive rabbit hole, eliminating one or two answer choices, guessing, and flagging the question for further review...you've just freed up 120 seconds, and that 120 seconds could correspond to you getting ~8 questions right by taking ~15 seconds extra to read the question carefully. These numbers are obviously kinda oversimplified but hopefully they illustrate the point. Developing the ability to recognize when it's time to move on can pay off. If this specific example doesn't speak to you, look for other places where you might be spending time in a way that's less helpful and try to trim that.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.