Score report

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krnkimsung

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just took DAT 4/9/10, and I am not quite familiar with the reporting process.

I just want to make sure to send the score as soon as possible, but could some please walk me through How/How Long the reporting process takes?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

Just took DAT 4/9/10, and I am not quite familiar with the reporting process.

I just want to make sure to send the score as soon as possible, but could some please walk me through How/How Long the reporting process takes?

Thanks,
You selected which schools would receive your DAT scores during the DAT application process. You were allowed 5 free schools then could add as many as you wanted for a price. It takes about 3 weeks for the those schools to receive your official score reports after you take the DAT. If you want to send your scores to additional schools go to the ADA webpage and send additional score reports. I think it's like 25$ per school.

So if I were to submit application on June 3rd, does that mean that I send scores to schools 3 weeks prior to June 3rd or do I have to wait until the application opens?

I plan on applying next summer and plan on taking my DAT this upcoming winter.

So when I select the 5 free schools does it automatically send it right away? Or will they send it when the application cycle starts?

Also, if I did not want to select the 5 schools at that time, would I be allowed to select them later on?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Upon completion of the DAT your scores are verified and then sent directly to the schools you chose during the registration process. You don't need to do anything after you finish the DAT. if you want to send your scores to additional schools that you didn't originally mark in the registration process then, you have to do so through the ADA website.

They'll receive your DAT scores 3 weeks after you take the DAT regardless if you are applying or not. Think, an application cycle will be in progress this winter, so they will just store your DAT scores in the computer. They will remain valid for 3 years or so.

The benefit of selecting the 5 schools during the registration process is that they are free. You don't have to select any schools and you can just send additional score reports after you take the DAT, but every school will be 25 or 50 bucks.

Ohh ok, yea I was worried that I would have to resend them when I apply, but what you are saying is that once I send it to that school I won't have to resend it until it is not valid correct??

Also, I was afraid to select the school before actually taking the DAT just in case I don't do as well as I would like & I wouldn't want them to see that score.

Ohh ok, yea I was worried that I would have to resend them when I apply, but what you are saying is that once I send it to that school I won't have to resend it until it is not valid correct??

Also, I was afraid to select the school before actually taking the DAT just in case I don't do as well as I would like & I wouldn't want them to see that score.

Yup. You don't have to resend it. Well that score at least. If you retake it of course you'll have to pay a 2nd time and pick the schools you want.

I don't think you should worry about that. You really can't hide that "bad" score if you do better a 2nd time anyhow.

I would add this. pick schools you know you have a reasonable chance. while its only 25 dollars for extra schools it adds up. 25 bucks here and there can buy you lots beer...I mean books. yeah books. ;)

Also its an all or none opportunity. If you don't pick 5 schools that are included when you register. You can't go back and say now I have my five.
Nor can you change which schools you want.

So if you only picked say 1 school. That's it. If you decide you want more later. You can't add them on. You'll have to pay extra.

Ok, thank you soo much for the clarification! I was slightly confused on if I would have been still able to send it to the 5 schools for free later on if I didn't choose them on when I registered. Kind of wished we could choose the 5 schools after we took the test, but ohh well haha

I went to look back on this thread, and I have another question...

Say I take my DAT and don't send it to one school, and I didnt do well on it... And then I take my DAT a second time and do very well, and send it to that school that I didnt send my first score to... Will that school still see my 1st DAT score even if I sent them my new 2nd DAT score??

THANKS!

I went to look back on this thread, and I have another question...

Say I take my DAT and don't send it to one school, and I didnt do well on it... And then I take my DAT a second time and do very well, and send it to that school that I didnt send my first score to... Will that school still see my 1st DAT score even if I sent them my new 2nd DAT score??

THANKS!

Yes.

Why would you assume the 1st score doesn't appear on your score report?

That's why I said earlier you can't "hide" bad scores.

They see it all.

Question... I registered for the DAT a couple of weeks ago and have not picked a date yet.

I am a Canadian and selected ALL the schools that I believed I'd have a reasonable shot at (and then some extra ones) as part of ADA's free score-reporting package.

My question is this: Is there any detriment to "covering all my bases" by selecting all these schools to receive my reports? What happens if I do not apply to all of them, or don't apply at all this cycle? Does the ADA still send out my scores if I take the DAT in summer 2011 but never apply for 2012 entry? Does this affect my chances at these schools in the future?

Thanks for all insight offered.

Last edited:
Question... I registered for the DAT a couple of weeks ago and have not picked a date yet.

I am a Canadian and selected ALL the schools that I believed I'd have a reasonable shot at (and then some extra ones) as part of ADA's free score-reporting package.

My question is this: Is there any detriment to "covering all my bases" by selecting all these schools to receive my reports? What happens if I do not apply to all of them, or don't apply at all this cycle? Does the ADA still send out my scores if I take the DAT in summer 2011 but never apply for 2012 entry? Does this affect my chances at these schools in the future?

I really don't think it will affect your chances at the schools if you send them the scores and nothing else.

There is no detriment to covering your bases by selecting as many schools as you please. If you don't apply to all of them or don't apply, nothing happens.

Hmm, considering applications are wiped every year, I would assume that should you not apply, then apply in some future cycle, you'll have to have your score re-transmitted, which at the worst will cost you some extra cash. Overall none of what you mentioned will have any affect on your chances.