Scoring Kaplan vs. Raw Score Conversions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rolltide15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I just took a practice PAT section and my score that Kaplan gave me was different than the raw score conversion. I know they scale it based on how well you did compared to others but has anyone else had this happen? The difference was 2 points which is huge on the DAT. I just wasn't sure which score I should weigh more heavily.

(this is the raw score conversion I'm referring to http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1exgxw&s=6)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I just took a practice PAT section and my score that Kaplan gave me was different than the raw score conversion.

Hello Rolltide15,

I was thinking the same thing, I took the first Kaplan exam today also and I felt the same about PAT and QR. I scored ~17 with 71/90 on the PAT section which would be a 20/21 on Bootcamp or Qvault. I have also taken this exam before and received a 20 on the real DAT last year, that being said I feel more prepared this year so don't let the raw score scare you. Just learn from your mistakes and keep your head up.

I also received a ~16 with 28/40 on the QR which I've been averaging 21-22 on Bootcamp and Qvault over the past month. So as much as it makes me worry I do believe Kaplan scores the exam that way to make sure you're continuing to better your score rather than to see you satisfied. If that makes sense.

Best of Luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Each practice exam has its own scale based on difficulty. Kaplan isn't very accurate overall.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Kaplans exam style is a lot more like the real set up of the DAT, which I would recommend taking at least one of these for that reason. The scoring system on Kaplan is not realistic tho. Bootcamp has the best explanations for their practice test. Their scoring system is still hard for the sciences and reading in my opinion, but a lot more realistic with QR and PAT.