Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
http://ozquakk.blogspot.com/2006_01_01_archive.html
I would HIGHLY recommend reading this previous vet student's blog as he tackles coming into veterinary school as a second career. I know many of you are in the same situation- if not second degree, than at least mature students. For you all, this will hold the most pertinence.
However, I'm a pre vet student going into my freshman year at UIUC, planning on following a traditional path to vet school and I found it completely riveting.
The man is no longer pursuing his veterinary degree, and the last blog post was concerned with carrying out a PhD study for education. But this is after he successfully completed four years of vet school at Murdoch in Australia. Rather than finding his departure from vet school discouraging, I took it as an excellent reminder of how people's goals and lives evolve.
All in all, I found it completely inspiring. Actually, I'm under the impression he might be around this website somewhere. As such, I apologize if someone's already posted his blog. He's abandoned posting, but didn't delete it altogether, which I would think is a testament to his consent in using his personal story to encourage others.
Sir, if you are here, and if you do see this, just be aware-
You single-handedly cemented my love and passion for my (fingers crossed) future career. But also, and perhaps just as importantly, have opened my eyes to acknowledging whenever my future may point me in a different direction than I had originally planned.
Hope everyone enjoys 🙂
I would HIGHLY recommend reading this previous vet student's blog as he tackles coming into veterinary school as a second career. I know many of you are in the same situation- if not second degree, than at least mature students. For you all, this will hold the most pertinence.
However, I'm a pre vet student going into my freshman year at UIUC, planning on following a traditional path to vet school and I found it completely riveting.
The man is no longer pursuing his veterinary degree, and the last blog post was concerned with carrying out a PhD study for education. But this is after he successfully completed four years of vet school at Murdoch in Australia. Rather than finding his departure from vet school discouraging, I took it as an excellent reminder of how people's goals and lives evolve.
All in all, I found it completely inspiring. Actually, I'm under the impression he might be around this website somewhere. As such, I apologize if someone's already posted his blog. He's abandoned posting, but didn't delete it altogether, which I would think is a testament to his consent in using his personal story to encourage others.
Sir, if you are here, and if you do see this, just be aware-
You single-handedly cemented my love and passion for my (fingers crossed) future career. But also, and perhaps just as importantly, have opened my eyes to acknowledging whenever my future may point me in a different direction than I had originally planned.
Hope everyone enjoys 🙂