scrap paper?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kpxnyc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey

just wondering if you were allowed to use scrap paper during the exam..i've been doing questions using scrap for biostats and just writing down acronyms so i wouldn't need to remember them over and over again..but if it's not allowed on the real exam, i guess i should get used to using the notes.

thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

For the dry erase board, can you keep notes on there from the beginning of the 8 hr exam till the end? ......i.e. if I wrote a bunch of equations at the beginning of Block 1, would I still have access to that in Block 7? Or do they make us erase everything after each block? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
how big of a dry erase board are we talking here? and fat marker or skinny marker?

It was about the same size as a normal sheet of paper, maybe slightly larger since it had gridmarks and a border on it.

Marker was small/medium sized, rounded tip.

The above probably is highly dependant on which site you take the exam at, but you can always ask if they have different markers etc.

also is there a dang calculator? I couldnt find a calculator on any of the NBMEs? h

First aid says that the Fred v2 software includes a calculator. It seems like the old software didn't have it. (thus no calculator on the NBMEs?) I am not sure if all of the test centers are using the new software yet or not.