Scratch Paper on DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D.D.S.

..Hopefully..
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I wanted to clear up this topic about if there is scratch paper given to use on the real computerized DAT??? Also is there a way to request to take a paper version of the DAT????

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

According to the ADA rules, all the test centers should have switched over to laminated paper/dry-erase and markers this past Jan. However, we're hearing quite a few recent test-takers say they still got scratch paper, even some who called ahead and were told it would be dry-erase. So who knows, I guess it's a toss up right now. Also, the DAT has been fully computerized for some time now. I don't know for sure if there are any special exemptions, but I can't think of any off hand that would still qualify you to be a dentist :)

I can't say anything about taking it in paper, but when I took the computerized one they gave me two pieces of red lamenated graph paper, two whiteboard markers, and one whiteboard eraser.