Test Tools Scratch Sheet: Blank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scratchsheet

Vendor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
SS_Blank_8.5x11_Front.jpg
SS_Blank_11x8.5_Front.jpg

The Blank Scratch Sheet is a Scratch Sheet that is completely blank! Check out a video of the Scratch Sheet:

http://www.gogreentube.com/watch.php?v=NTM5OTUz

Use this as a thinner and more portable whiteboard. It's great to use practicing ochem reactions, pathways, math equations, outlining papers, use your imagination!

We're also looking to the Scratch Sheet community to show us fun and useful ways they use their Scratch Sheets! Join our facebook page and post a fan picture of your Scratch Sheet in use and we'll send you another Scratch Sheet for free!

The goals of the Scratch Sheet are to help students study effectively, and just as importantly, to reduce paper consumption and make our world a cleaner place to live in. We'd like to start this discussion off, so reply to this thread with:

• Introduce yourself! (ie school + major)
  • How many sheets of scratch paper you think you use in a week (loose leaf to write notes or study for tests and thrown away or recycled)
  • What other things do you think can be done on your campus to reduce paper consumption, and consumption in general? What do you already see being done?

Everyone who replies will be entered to win the following (4 of these packs will be given away):

• 3 Blank Scratch Sheets
  • 2 Blank Landscape Scratch Sheets
  • 1 Scratch Sheet Pen
Can't wait to see all the responses!

Best,
The Scratch Sheet Team

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
UAB, Medical Student

I usually print my own lined paper (about 50 sheets per 4 week class)... and that doesn't include the scratch paper I use for to do lists, etc.

I think our campus could do a lot more to make recycling facilities more available, especially in the places where recyclable paper waste is generated (ie, near the printers, in the study carrels, etc).

This looks like a great product!

UR, med student

1. I use a lot of paper (mostly computer since I don't like lined) to make outlines... couldn't even begin to say how much.
2. Cut down on some of the things put in our syllabi that most don't use (just put them online)

Members don't see this ad :)
i've used the grid scratch sheet and it works beautifully. (i can draw that wiggers over and over.) It's easy to erase, and portable. I also stuck some velcro on the sheet/pen so i don't lose the pen.

Introduce yourself! (ie school + major)
Hey, I'm from UBC pharmacy.
How many sheets of scratch paper you think you use in a week (loose leaf to write notes or study for tests and thrown away or recycled)
I think that I use around 10 pages per week that gets thrown away. It's a major waste and a scratch sheet would help tremendously. Aside of these 10 pages, printing the lecture notes requires around 30-40 pages per week.

What other things do you think can be done on your campus to reduce paper consumption, and consumption in general? What do you already see being done?
-I think that in order to reduce paper consumption, there should be an emphasis on e-learning. Right now, many of my books are online; so that's a lot of paper saved since we have digital copies.

Introduce yourself! (ie school + major)
CWRU, med student

How many sheets of scratch paper you think you use in a week (loose leaf to write notes or study for tests and thrown away or recycled)
I used to go through a prodigious amount of paper until I bought a whiteboard, but then I realized that it was far too bulky for me to actually use regularly, so now I use 0.

...which is a bit problematic.:laugh:

I was loaned something like the scratch sheet on an NBME mock exam--that was very, very handy. I could totally use one of those.:thumbup:

What other things do you think can be done on your campus to reduce paper consumption, and consumption in general? What do you already see being done?
Well, we put a ton of things online already, but we just end up printing them out. If it weren't so cost-prohibitive, I'd say go with eBook readers for everyone. We don't need anything fancy (which is why I didn't say tablets), just something small, portable, and reusable.:thumbup:

If it weren't so cost-prohibitive, I'd say go with eBook readers for everyone.

Are eBook readers easy on the eyes? My eyes detest computer screens, but I've had to bear it for all of med school. Ugh.

Anyway, this looks like a nice product.

Are eBook readers easy on the eyes? My eyes detest computer screens, but I've had to bear it for all of med school. Ugh.

Anyway, this looks like a nice product.

Some of the newer ones have higher contrast screens, but quality varies greatly. I was planning on waiting a few more generations before considering any investments. I think I'll wait for them to find a cheap way to mass-produce and distribute color e-ink screens.

omg this is amazing. i use scratch paper all the time but then just throw it away. i feel bad but that's the best way to learn it.

I'm a 3rd year medical student at a State Medical School.

I probably use ~3-4 loose-leaf sheets of paper when I'm studying... just randomly scribbled notes.

We have a lot of recycle bins around campus, most students are pretty good about using them. A lot of students are pretty careful to print double-sided. Other than that, not too much. We've tried going paperless and too many students still like having notes in front of them. Just too hard to learn otherwise.

Copied from the other thread.