Screwing up; is it too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raine247

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've basically been screwin' up and not doing too well in my studies. I'm trying to get into pharmacy school but my grades are as follows:

History up to 1877 - A
History since 1877 - B
English Comp.1 - B
Intro to Psychology - B
American Gov.I - B
English. Comp. II - C
Principles of public speaking - C
General Bio. - C (I've took this class twice; should of made an A both times)
MicroBio - F (took second semester and missed a ton of class; never could catch up)
Art History I - W
Substance Abuse Prevention - I

I know that science and math is extremely important but I've just been lazy and have never been studying. I just want to know if it's too late to turn this around. I don't even want to calculate what my gpa is...

Members don't see this ad.

I don't want to assume so is this your first year of college?

Members don't see this ad :)
Its not too late, but make sure you have an upward trend the last two years. Try to cut back to 12 units per semester until you get the hang of the science classes. Retake the Micro class and make sure you get an A. It looks really bad if you retake a class and only get a C.

Its not too late, but make sure you have an upward trend the last two years. Try to cut back to 12 units per semester until you get the hang of the science classes. Retake the Micro class and make sure you get an A. It looks really bad if you retake a class and only get a C.

Thanks for replying. So should I retake my bio class again; this will be the third time.

I'm extremely disappointed in myself with my lack of commitment to doing anything remotely close to studying. I had the notion that I could make A's in college like I could in high school.

No, sir. I just wrapped up my second. I have saved all my math classes for my third year.

Okay it's not too late but you need to do something about your studying ethics and make a decision now before it is too late. Pharmacy schools like most professional schools understand that most people will go through some sort of downfall during their lives, mostly in college, but it's how you recover from the downfall that matters the most. They want to see that you have learned from your mistakes and matured, that it has allowed you to grow and become a more responsible person. So like 30percent said just make sure that your grades always show an upward trend. You are at the bottom of that trend now so start your upward pattern. You need that A in microbio and if you are for sure that you can get an A in general bio then I would take it again as well. Either way you need to make this lifelong commitment now and stick to it! :thumbup:

So I've basically been screwin' up and not doing too well in my studies. I'm trying to get into pharmacy school but my grades are as follows:

History up to 1877 - A
History since 1877 - B
English Comp.1 - B
Intro to Psychology - B
American Gov.I - B
English. Comp. II - C
Principles of public speaking - C
General Bio. - C (I've took this class twice; should of made an A both times)
MicroBio - F (took second semester and missed a ton of class; never could catch up)
Art History I - W
Substance Abuse Prevention - I

I know that science and math is extremely important but I've just been lazy and have never been studying. I just want to know if it's too late to turn this around. I don't even want to calculate what my gpa is...

You definitely want an upward trend the next two years and get your bachelor degree. Looking at your courses, you need to decide whether you want a career that requires an intensive-scientific background. It's not going to get any easier once you get into upper-level sciences and then pharmacy level sciences. If you think it is just how you study, then re-evaluate yourself.

I agree with all of the other posters.. it's not too late! You still have all of your chemistry courses, anatomy & physiology, and math courses to redeem yourself prereq wise. I was in the same situation as you (Failed Biology 1 first time, got a C second time and a C in Biology 2) and straightened up and have had an upward trend since then(All A's and a few B's). I am applying to pharmacy school this summer so we will see what happens.

Point is, you still have prereqs to take to improve your grades, time to start volunteering/working in a pharmacy, and you still havn't taken your PCAT. But buckle down with studying!!!

Okay it's not too late but you need to do something about your studying ethics and make a decision now before it is too late. Pharmacy schools like most professional schools understand that most people will go through some sort of downfall during their lives, mostly in college, but it's how you recover from the downfall that matters the most. They want to see that you have learned from your mistakes and matured, that it has allowed you to grow and become a more responsible person. So like 30percent said just make sure that your grades always show an upward trend. You are at the bottom of that trend now so start your upward pattern. You need that A in microbio and if you are for sure that you can get an A in general bio then I would take it again as well. Either way you need to make this lifelong commitment now and stick to it! :thumbup:

Thanks! I've been beating myself up about this. No more screwing around for me.

I agree with all of the other posters.. it's not too late! You still have all of your chemistry courses, anatomy & physiology, and math courses to redeem yourself prereq wise. I was in the same situation as you (Failed Biology 1 first time, got a C second time and a C in Biology 2) and straightened up and have had an upward trend since then(All A's and a few B's). I am applying to pharmacy school this summer so we will see what happens.

Point is, you still have prereqs to take to improve your grades, time to start volunteering/working in a pharmacy, and you still havn't taken your PCAT. But buckle down with studying!!!

I feel a lot better now. Time to buckle down...buckle down hard. Thanks for replying!

if these are your grades in college. you will not survive pharmacy school. the profession does not need your history knowledge nor you.

if these are your grades in college. you will not survive pharmacy school. the profession does not need your history knowledge nor you.

Stop pretending that you are a Pharmacist, troll.. You and I both know that you are a freshman undergraduate.

Stop pretending that you are a Pharmacist, troll.. You and I both know that you are a freshman undergraduate.

Based off of their grammar and punctuation I really hope that's not a pharmacist!!:smuggrin: