Scribe america

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elia22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am currently in training to be a scribe at scribeamerica. If anyone knows about it or has been in the program, I have a question for you!

Next week is my final exam and our trainer made it very clear that if we did not pass the exam with at least an 85 that we could not continue to work. This makes me very nervous and I don't do well under this kind of pressure. Has anyone been terminated for this reason? Or does anyone have any advice for the final exam?

Thanks for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I am currently in training to be a scribe at scribeamerica. If anyone knows about it or has been in the program, I have a question for you!

Next week is my final exam and our trainer made it very clear that if we did not pass the exam with at least an 85 that we could not continue to work. This makes me very nervous and I don't do well under this kind of pressure. Has anyone been terminated for this reason? Or does anyone have any advice for the final exam?

Thanks for your time!

Don't do well under pressure? It's just a scribe test. Relax

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

I've worked for the company for almost two years now. Leaving to go off to med school as most scribes do. You'll be fine. Just review that giant book if they still give those out. Also, I found this on Google when I was in your spot back then:

http://quizlet.com/13111748/scribeamerica-quiz-flash-cards/

Sort of helped. The way it was back then, I believe you could try it again. But I got a 95% back then...I think I forgot that the Murphy's Sign was indicative of cholecystitis :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I've worked for the company for almost two years now. Leaving to go off to med school as most scribes do. You'll be fine. Just review that giant book if they still give those out. Also, I found this on Google when I was in your spot back then:

http://quizlet.com/13111748/scribeamerica-quiz-flash-cards/

Sort of helped. The way it was back then, I believe you could try it again. But I got a 95% back then...I think I forgot that the Murphy's Sign was indicative of cholecystitis :rolleyes:

congrats on your med school acceptance!!! and they do still have the huge textbook, which is pretty detailed which is why im concerned, but thanks for your response :)

Much appreciated! I hate to say it, I wasn't sure what would be on my final exam at the time. I would just recall what was on the quizzes (if you had any). Can't remember much. Of course you need to know organs/pathologies per abdominal quadrant (ex. appendix - RLQ. gallbladder - RUQ, diverticulitis - LLQ) and specific tests like lipase for pancreatitis. Sure you will do fine. My final exam was easier than my quizzes, that's all I remember. Enjoy your time as a scribe. Best thing to happen to my pursuit of medicine besides getting into medical school (I think I appreciate it more than getting into medical school :laugh: )

Much appreciated! I hate to say it, I wasn't sure what would be on my final exam at the time. I would just recall what was on the quizzes (if you had any). Can't remember much. Of course you need to know organs/pathologies per abdominal quadrant (ex. appendix - RLQ. gallbladder - RUQ, diverticulitis - LLQ) and specific tests like lipase for pancreatitis. Sure you will do fine. My final exam was easier than my quizzes, that's all I remember. Enjoy your time as a scribe. Best thing to happen to my pursuit of medicine besides getting into medical school (I think I appreciate it more than getting into medical school :laugh: )

thats good news, because the quizzes are brutal. my trainer told us only 3 out of 25ish of us seemed like we would pass the final so thats why i'm worried lol. but thanks :D. i'm really looking forward to working

I applied to ScribeAmerica very recently. I haven't heard back yet, but does someone mind telling me how the hiring process is like? (How many interviews are there, is it in person or through Skype... etc)
And I hope the test goes well! :))

^ that really all depends on where you are applying to work at. scribeamerica honestly lets some of its more established sites just do whatever they want so the hiring process is unstandardized while the training is standardized (for the first part - classroom stuff).

I applied to ScribeAmerica very recently. I haven't heard back yet, but does someone mind telling me how the hiring process is like? (How many interviews are there, is it in person or through Skype... etc)
And I hope the test goes well! :))

It took so long to hear back that I forgot I had even applied lol. But they responded with an email to set up an in-person interview. Following that they sent an email to say I'm hired and after that was training

I'm thinking of applying to scribe positions in Southern CA for a possible summer start date. What is the max. date you think I should submit my application due to the long wait in between?

I'm thinking of applying to scribe positions in Southern CA for a possible summer start date. What is the max. date you think I should submit my application due to the long wait in between?

2 months bc you need time to hear back and time to do training

I believe it is paid, since it says that in the website. I am also freaking out since my test is this Wednesday and it seems only a few of us will get hired. Does anybody have further info and other tips? Greatly appreciated!!

Scar13tt said:
I believe it is paid, since it says that in the website. I am also freaking out since my test is this Wednesday and it seems only a few of us will get hired. Does anybody have further info and other tips? Greatly appreciated!!

Sorry, haven't figured out the new quote system yet...

At any rate, that seems like overkill to me. First, assuming you're going over the same material as we did (and it's fairly standardized, so that seems likely), there's not TOO much stuff. Focus on the ppts at the back rather than the textbook. There are also practice Qs in there that tell you what kind of questions they'll ask. Hell, they didn't even bother giving us our textbooks before our first quizzes. Then again, they crunched our training into 2days of marathon classrooming, so we were taking the quizzes same-day as we learned the material.
Your manager must be choosing based on something other than the quizzes/exam, because OF COURSE more than 3/25 neurotic premeds will score 85% or more on a memorization-only exam. At my place they don't even bother training in more applicants than they intend to hire; 22 extra is just insane.
Don't worry so much about the quizzes/exam. Just act like a normal human being and you'll be fine.