Scribe interview via skype?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cloak25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently got offered an interview for a medical scribe position but its through skype. Any current or past scribes have any interview tips for this position? What questions should I expect?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, people do this often now. It's basically to eliminate the amount of time it takes to wait for a applicant and all that jazz. My boss (pharmacist) had to do this, she said it wasn't any different from a real interview. Both parties had webcams.

They'll likely ask a lot about your availability (general schedule). Also, what qualities you possess to become a good scribe, future goals, and basic things along those lines.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dress up, be somewhere that doesn't have a lot of background noise or other people, and use a background that isn't going to be distracting.

(sent from my phone - please forgive typos)

This. Don't think that because you are not interviewing in person that the interviewer will overlook unprofessional attire.

Wear a shirt and tie.....pants optional!!!

Don't look at your computer screen. Stare at the camera. It will be difficult, but will make the appearance that you are looking them in the eye.

Use cool webcam effects throughout the process.

Can I ask what scribe company is it for? I worked for EMSS and did do a preliminary interview via skype. It was rather a simple interview, pretty much asking basic questions such as, what are your future plans, why do you want to work as a scribe, what college/major are you, things of that nature. When I went to the actual interview at the hospital it was more like name times when you were under stress, and are you able to deal with constructive criticism, and can you work in the fast pace environment of the ED. PM me if you have more questions.