Scribe Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jantyme

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone knows about scribe programs, what they are exactly and how they benefit you. If anyone is participating in one and can share information that would be great. :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

hey jantyme....i was involved with a scribe program when i was in college in williambsburg, VA. it was excellent and it's really what sparked my interest in medicine. we were working with ER physicians and transcribing all information onto the patient charts. PM me if you have any specific ?s

Members don't see this ad :)
scribes are a must man. This allows u to go to class and just listen to the professor and not take notes cuz somebody is scribing them (taping the lecture and writing it all down).

Surprisingly, u can miss alot if u try to listen and take notes, and its tiresome. With scribes, it can really help u get A's in med school

just print the scribes out, and paraphrase ur own notes on the margins, this is the best way to study and most people who make A's use the hell out scribes

peace

Omar

Hey Janty,
I was also a scribe here in VA (Portsmouth), in the ER for about six months... The program I was a part of has since gone under due to financial reasons/ I greatly enjoyed the time I spent as a scribe. Scribing is an ideal way to get some exposure to the work of a physician, because you're right there beside them as they work. If you have the chance to get involved in one, I would highly recomend it!

Thanks for all the info. I have applied for a position as a scribe were I am in California, but I was only notified of it a brief time ago and wanted to know more about it. I don't know if I'll get it yet because there was a lot of other people that applied and I found out about it late. I thought it sounded interesting and you guys have given me some more information, so now I think it sounds even more interesting, hopefully they'll call me and say that I got it. It sounds like it's a lot more fun than just volunteering or shadowing, which is what I've done.

omarsaleh66 said:
scribes are a must man. This allows u to go to class and just listen to the professor and not take notes cuz somebody is scribing them (taping the lecture and writing it all down).

Surprisingly, u can miss alot if u try to listen and take notes, and its tiresome. With scribes, it can really help u get A's in med school

just print the scribes out, and paraphrase ur own notes on the margins, this is the best way to study and most people who make A's use the hell out scribes

peace

Omar

This is what I thought of after I read the original post, but I think the OP is asking about a different type of scribe program (ie. taking notes about patients for doctors).