ScribeAmerica Confusion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nerdybodybio

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had an interview with ScribeAmerica last week. I was told I’d hear back on Monday (2 days ago) through email whether I got the job or not. I sent a follow-up/thank you email after the interview. Monday came and no email. I emailed yesterday as a second follow-up, but it seems like I am being ignored or they are just not sticking to their word of telling me if I got the job or not. At this point, it’s obvious I didn’t, but it’d be nice to get SOME email like they said I would.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or am I just unlucky?

Members don't see this ad.

I had an interview with ScribeAmerica last week. I was told I’d hear back on Monday (2 days ago) through email whether I got the job or not. I sent a follow-up/thank you email after the interview. Monday came and no email. I emailed yesterday as a second follow-up, but it seems like I am being ignored or they are just not sticking to their word of telling me if I got the job or not. At this point, it’s obvious I didn’t, but it’d be nice to get SOME email like they said I would.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or am I just unlucky?
Stop messaging them and just move on if you don't hear back by the end of the week. Apply for other jobs to be safe.

At the same time, hiring processes can be disorganized, meaning that they might just not have made a decision yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Stop messaging them and just move on if you don't hear back by the end of the week. Apply for other jobs to be safe.

At the same time, hiring processes can be disorganized, meaning that they might just not have made a decision yet.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. Just frustrating because I was excited to be a scribe! But oh well, on to the next one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. Just frustrating because I was excited to be a scribe! But oh well, on to the next one.

What region do you live in? There’s several scribe companies where I’m from so I would try to find another one. I worked with SA for years and they really are terrible.

Its a very big hiring time right now, as a lot of scribes are quitting after getting into med school, and a lot of people are applying to start working in the summer. They are probably just overloaded. Unless you absolutely bombed the interview, you'll probably get it. If not, there are plenty of other companies that will take you. I work for PhysAssist, just had 3 people quit, and are desperate for anyone to apply in our region lol.

What region do you live in? There’s several scribe companies where I’m from so I would try to find another one. I worked with SA for years and they really are terrible.

I am currently in college in NY, Hudson Valley area. Unfortunately, the other scribing companies don't have jobs close enough to my school. ScribeAmerica was the only one.

Its a very big hiring time right now, as a lot of scribes are quitting after getting into med school, and a lot of people are applying to start working in the summer. They are probably just overloaded. Unless you absolutely bombed the interview, you'll probably get it. If not, there are plenty of other companies that will take you. I work for PhysAssist, just had 3 people quit, and are desperate for anyone to apply in our region lol.

This is true too! I didn't even think of this. I don't feel that I bombed the interview, so hopefully I hear back soon.

So am I! You could try PhysAssist too.

I would love to try PhysAssist, but they don't have any scribing jobs within a reasonable traveling range of my school unfortunately. I looked at other companies as well. If scribing doesn't work out, my other plan is to be a PCT/PCA.

In my personal experience I've found the professional candor of ScribeAmerica to be less than McDonald's. Cut your losses and start looking somewhere else.

In my personal experience I've found the professional candor of ScribeAmerica to be less than McDonald's. Cut your losses and start looking somewhere else.

I've heard such mixed reviews and decided it was worth a shot. If they don't get back to me by the end of this week I'll be looking for other jobs.

I've heard such mixed reviews and decided it was worth a shot. If they don't get back to me by the end of this week I'll be looking for other jobs.
You could also look for opportunities to be an MA or even a clinical research assistant