Scripps chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WESTcoastREP

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
edit

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone will give two flying penguins about your ACT scores with that 3.95 GPA buddy. That with shadowing, volunteering, and work experience....yea I think you're fine.

Thanks, I was a bit worried about my scores since Scripps is quite competitive. Any other opinions welcome.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd have to concur - nobody's going to give a second thought to an ACT score that's in excess of 6 years, 1 bachelors, and a magnificent GPA away. If you are planning on the GRE anyway, then might be worth taking before you submit the app, but I wouldn't think that it's necessary for admission given the rest of your package. These programs essentially treat you as some hybrid of transfer undergraduate and not-quite-graduate student. The most direct way to answer your question though is to call (909) 621-8764 and just ask the nice person on the other end of the phone what they think. My experience so far (only been doing this for about a month now) is that the admissions offices are more than happy to tell you what it is that they want you to do. One, it makes their lives easier during the review / admit process, and two, they aren't actually in the business of rejecting people - they want good candidates. Working with them to show them what they want? Good.

I have no idea whether or not 28 is a good ACT score or not, but I disagree with the above posters. They do care about whatever standardized test score you submit because it is seen as the best predictor they have of how you might do on the MCAT (they want you to be able to get into medical school without any snags).

The best advice you've been given, though, is to call the office and ask.

ACT 28 is about 1240-1270 (on the old SATs). That's actually not a bad score, so I'd definitely not worry about it.

That said, calling the office won't hurt and can probably give you a better idea than any of us on SDN.

I have no idea whether or not 28 is a good ACT score or not, but I disagree with the above posters.

The best advice you've been given, though, is to call the office and ask.

ACT has no value after you matriculate to an undergraduate institution.