Scripps program questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WESTcoastREP

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently found out about Scripps in the Pre-Allo forum, but feel that this is the place to discuss it. I recently graduated with a degree in Finance from a California state school. I've had some jobs and internships over the past few years, but feel that I may be better served by a career in medicine.

Scripps seems like exactly what I am looking for. Although, the one thing I feel that may hold me back are my SAT/ACT/GRE scores. I don't remember exactly, but my SAT wasn't too hot (based on 2400 when I took it) and my ACT was around 30 perhaps. Would the only way to remedy this situation be to take the GRE?

Also, what can I do to improve my chances of getting into Scripps? I searched here on SDN, but the helpful threads are at least 2-3 years old.

Here are my stats (copied from original thread):
Overall GPA: 3.97 (I transferred from a CC)
Honors program
Work experience: various places, all related to business
Volunteering: Volunteer at my temple for the past 4-5 years, volunteered at soup kitchens, volunteered at my local hospital for around 2 years
Shadowing: shadowed a doctor for 10-12 hours

Original Thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=918350

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: