Sculpture Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mtd0588

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if it was worth taking a sculpturing class for dental school. Is it something that would help my application in any significant way? (I have relatively good stats) It's kind of expensive (250$), but I also think it would be kinda fun, and maybe something to talk about at an interview..

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely, but it depends on what type of sculpting. I signed up for one my senior year of undergrad, but on the first day I realized that it was going to be mostly sculpting things out of metal; welding and such, and it was going to focus less on hand skills and more on operation of tools and equipment :rolleyes:. If it's something like pottery or sculpting things out of clay, I'd say it would be worth taking, and a nice way to relax after studying other predent material.

Never took it but my pre-dent buddies did and the consensus appears to be that it is not worth it. Ask around :D Don't take my word for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just took one just for the fun of it. I really don't care whether it's gonna help me to be a great dentist, and i don't think it will. but it's your choice. if you like doing stuff with your hands, then i say take the class.

The reason they want is becuz they want you to have good manual dexterity.
As long as u got plenty to write under manual dexterity, I think you should be fine.

I agree with everyone, sculpture class is crap. Art majors are sooooo freaking weird! But yeah its mostly metal and trash and other crap that they say is "art". Your looking for a ceramics class, this is all working with your hands, and actually sculpting.

I agree with everyone, sculpture class is crap. Art majors are sooooo freaking weird! But yeah its mostly metal and trash and other crap that they say is "art". Your looking for a ceramics class, this is all working with your hands, and actually sculpting.

^Now this is what I always hear from my friends.