SDN Hierarchy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OP, the moral of the story is... in the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

(not everyone who disagrees with you "doesn't get it." i understand what you were trying to say.)

Members don't see this ad.

And word of advice to OP:

If you're uncomfortable with the people who are currently at a point where you are trying to be eventually exerting power over you, pick a new career.

Attendings >> Residents and Fellows
Fellows >> Residents
Residents >> 3rd and 4th Years
3rd and 4th Years >> 1st and 2nd Years
1st years >> Pre-Meds

It happens and it will continue to happen until you are done with your school and job training.

This is true. Medicine and the military are probably the only two places where "**** flowing downhill" for no good reason is seemingly inadvertently perpetuated and usually acceptable without consequence. If you can't handle it on an anonymous internet forum, good luck handling it throughout your career path.

And word of advice to OP:

If you're uncomfortable with the people who are currently at a point where you are trying to be eventually exerting power over you, pick a new career.

Attendings >> Residents and Fellows
Fellows >> Residents
Residents >> 3rd and 4th Years
3rd and 4th Years >> 1st and 2nd Years
1st years >> Pre-Meds

It happens and it will continue to happen until you are done with your school and job training.

I personally choose to accept this as valuable learning that I can receive from those who are more experienced, instead of complaining about it. It's not SDN hierarchy, it's the real world hierarchy. Medicine is a hierarchical career, as is law, business, academia. Sorry it's so hard for you.

Just a note...

I'm fine with whatever you people want to say. Really. I am one of the hardest people I know to offend. This didn't come from me getting snipped off at a comment made toward me.

I was not saying anything from a point of defensiveness, nor was I saying something from the point of being offended. I was just making an observation, which may or may not have been valid, but an observation nonetheless. I fully understand that there IS a chain of command, and where people in that chain fall.

I just think that power trips made by med students toward pre-meds can be illogical and somewhat humorous, given the (in my humble opinion) relative lack of new information about the pre-med gauntlet gained through the transition from pre-med to med student.

Is anyone else confused about this anymore? Does anyone else believe that this was a personal vendetta for me? Hopefully, things are clear, but if not, well, like I said...

Me said:
The people who get it get it, and the people who don't don't.

Cheers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else confused about this anymore? Does anyone else believe that this was a personal vendetta for me? Hopefully, things are clear, but if not, well, like I said...

Most of us got it from the beginning and a number of us DISAGREED. We can understand you and still disagree. Like I could say that the earth is flat and you could tell me it's round, but still understand that I think it is flat.

Cheers.

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

I simply say that med students have a good role on this forum, but for the most part, the level of authority that comes with getting a signed piece of paper that you successfully completed pre-med is generally not enough to go on a power-trip about.

It's not the signed piece of paper.

Going through the process and also seeing a bunch of people you've known throughout undergrad (in real life) go through it leads to a better understanding of the entire business. It's also getting here and finding out about the lives of your classmates.

Premeds are a bunch of prima donnas. I was a prima donna too before getting into medical school. A thousand hours of studying later, and I was definitely humbled.

lol. So true. I see myself, in him, about 3 years ago.