SDN Pharmacy Salary Survey Interest

Started by 914451
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Salary: $105,000
Geo: Georgia
Practice: Hospital
years of experience: 2 years
bonus: 4 years vacation (5 at 5 years, 6 at 10), okay 403b matching, free health insurance for myself (technically $5 a year). Around 4% raises a year.

The major upside is a free 1% (of average of highest paid 5 years) pension for each year worked up to 25 years.

Fairly low salary, but hopefully the low COL and benefits make up for it.

That 4% raise is going to build up, don't worry!
 
Would you like to buy a house here? lol

I’m even with a lot of you, keep that in mind. Don’t let the top line # fool you!

I think there was a story about an RN that would commute to work from Las Vegas (or Arizona) via airplane into SF and it was still cheaper than living here.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What about rent/housing during the work days in California?
 
I work staffing 7 on 7 off at a 400+ bed hospital in central Virginia. I make just under 115K per year with 7 hours of vacation earned per bi weekly pay period. I ran numbers through a cost of living salary calculator and 115k where I am now I would need to make 250k in San Fran area and over 300k in NYC. So while 190k only 6 years out might sound like a lot...its really not. It depends on where you live and the cost of living there. Im only 1 year out
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dang. That may not even be worth it if you invest it on your own and the interest grows decently. Or you die young.

I know...they want to make us pay even more too, I wish they would let us opt out and put their portion into my tsp (401k). This is all after tax money (my portion) to so I could put this in a Roth IRA and it would take me 20-25 years Just for my pension to break even assuming a 7% return. And of course nothing is left to heirs. And if I remember correctly that wasn’t calculating the return on my money after retiring just drawing it down at 0%. Of course when I get my pension the majority of it will be taxed