SDN rant for the day...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biocmp

I'm a computer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
SDN must have the dumbest smart people on the net. I mean, people come on here, with 3.5+ gpa's and 21+ DAT's and are asking, "Do I have a chance?"

My lord, does anyone know how to do a search? Could you not call the school and check the admitted stats from the past years and recognize trends in what they are looking for? Can you not go to Predents.com and with a simple click of the mouse, check what the stats are. And you can even see individual cases of acceptances and rejections.

Seriously, I am disugsted with the amount of ******ation this site must inject into otherwise studious individuals. I fear the worst for our small Pre-Dent community. Soon, topics such as,"What are the adcoms favorite hairstyles?" will be prevalent and this virtual piece of pre-dent paradise will no longer be a haven for the intellectually gifted. Rather a mere panty-stain of it's once greatself.

Flame on, I say to my SDN brethren. Clear these cyber-space deviants from our helm and behold the good fortune of each and every Pre-dent student on here.

Members don't see this ad.

Dude, you don't really think people are actually posting to find out there chances do you?

They post either so they can show off their awesome stats, or because they've never been on the internet before and they don't know how things work. I really wish the admins would instigate a "no new threads until you been a member for a month" policy like many forums have.

LURK FIRST!!!

no new threads until you are a member for a month would destroy the purpose of this site for a lot of people.....i just recently found out about this place and have had questions answered now that would have not helped had they been answered in a month...i say let the insecure pre-dents post their scores and get the ohhhs and awws they are hoping for. it is no skin off your back if you have to possibly look at someones incredible DATs or even horrible DATs. i would say 85% of posts are people just trying to see where they match up to other applicants, even if they arent explicitly saying it. i am not attacking you armorshell because i have seen you post many such things that have either answered my questions or brought up other individuals stats that i can compare mine to. so thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
biocmp said:
SDN must have the dumbest smart people on the net. I mean, people come on here, with 3.5+ gpa's and 21+ DAT's and are asking, "Do I have a chance?"

My lord, does anyone know how to do a search? Could you not call the school and check the admitted stats from the past years and recognize trends in what they are looking for? Can you not go to Predents.com and with a simple click of the mouse, check what the stats are. And you can even see individual cases of acceptances and rejections.

Seriously, I am disugsted with the amount of ******ation this site must inject into otherwise studious individuals. I fear the worst for our small Pre-Dent community. Soon, topics such as,"What are the adcoms favorite hairstyles?" will be prevalent and this virtual piece of pre-dent paradise will no longer be a haven for the intellectually gifted. Rather a mere panty-stain of it's once greatself.

Flame on, I say to my SDN brethren. Clear these cyber-space deviants from our helm and behold the good fortune of each and every Pre-dent student on here.

well said.......this forum got so gay i didnt even check this site for a month...."yeah i got a 4.0 with a 30/30/30 on my Dat and i'm a dental tech. a dental assistant, every man in my family for the last 7 generations was a dentist, i have 700000 hrs shadowing experience with 25 different dentists, i'm the sexiest man alive, and i have a personality that absolutely no one can resist"....do u guys think i have a chance at all of getting in to D-school?, im pretty worried?

SirShagaLot said:
well said.......this forum got so gay i didnt even check this site for a month...."yeah i got a 4.0 with a 30/30/30 on my Dat and i'm a dental tech. a dental assistant, every man in my family for the last 7 generations was a dentist, i have 700000 hrs shadowing experience with 25 different dentists, i'm the sexiest man alive, and i have a personality that absolutely no one can resist"....do u guys think i have a chance at all of getting in to D-school?, im pretty worried?

thanks for bringing a :laugh: :D to my face