Chocolate Bear

Moderizzle Fo'Shizzle!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 7, 2008
The Only Place I Wanna Be
Status
Its helpfulness, entertainment value, and ability to steal hours upon hours of your day are undeniable. No I'm not talking about Iron Chef. I mean SDN!

If SDN helped you get closer to your goals, how about showing the world with a bold username and a bigger avatar? Maybe even a shiny new picture of yourself holding your acceptance letter pasted right into your signature? Oaky, maybe let's not go nuts, but you get the idea.

I think my profile needs some bling. I'm going Platinum on March 1st.

Bling!

Pledge Drive

Chocolate Bear: $60

PunkmedGirl

Freshman Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
Well since I can't function properly if I don't have my SDN fix and it provides me with a wealth of knowledge that I use to bring those naysayers down, I will pledge on March 1st as well.

Pledge Drive

Punkmedgirl: $60

About the Ads

Dissected

All bleeding stops eventually
10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2008
West Coast
Status
Attending Physician
After much consideration, I think silver is for me. SDN has helped me alot thus far. Are we all doing it on march 1st?

Pledge Drive

DoktorB: $30

tdittyx2x3

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Following the bizzles lead on this one. March 1st it is.

-Deeter

Pledge Drive

Deeter: $50

sithr

10+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2007
SoCal
Status
Medical Student
You couldn't have started this thread one week ago?:D I pledged to myself that I would donate after I hear back from western...Which I did. Interesting idea for a thread though.

Chocolate Bear

Moderizzle Fo'Shizzle!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 7, 2008
Status
After much consideration, I think silver is for me. SDN has helped me alot thus far. Are we all doing it on march 1st?

:thumbup:

I picked March 1st because many of us will have things wrapped up by then. Plus it gives some time to dig through the couch for change.

Following the bizzles lead on this one. March 1st it is.

-Deeter

Deeter: $50
Nice! $50 qualifies you for 1 year of Gold ($45) or 2 years of Silver ($50). Here's the list of benefit levels for everyone.

You couldn't have started this thread one week ago?:D I pledged to myself that I would donate after I hear back from western...Which I did. Interesting idea for a thread though.
Sorry, bud. I'm glad you got your wish, though! :)

JaggerPlate

10+ Year Member
May 28, 2007
Status
Medical Student
CB ... when I first opened this thread only the top half of the picture you posted was exposed, and all I could see was a man, with his hands near his waist, moving and spinning something ... well you see where I was going with this. I thought you might have lost your mind somewhere in the application process, and went all internet dirty on SDN. Glad you see you're still all there ... I'm going to donate one of these days.

Chocolate Bear

Moderizzle Fo'Shizzle!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 7, 2008
Status
CB ... when I first opened this thread only the top half of the picture you posted was exposed, and all I could see was a man, with his hands near his waist, moving and spinning something ... well you see where I was going with this. I thought you might have lost your mind somewhere in the application process, and went all internet dirty on SDN. Glad you see you're still all there ... I'm going to donate one of these days.
LOL...no, I didn't. Phew!

Come on, set a date. We don't care when. All the cool kids are doing it! :smuggrin:

Chocolate Bear

Moderizzle Fo'Shizzle!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 7, 2008
Status
As if there wasn't enough incentive to donate, already, here's more! For those of you not currently living in a nudist colony, you could probably use a new shirt. Problem solved. If you're a donor, just post in the December Donor Drawing thread and you could be wearing one of these in no time! You're welcome.

The best part is that there's usually not too many people to compete with, so your odds of winning are good! :thumbup:

JaggerPlate

10+ Year Member
May 28, 2007
Status
Medical Student
As if there wasn't enough incentive to donate, already, here's more! For those of you not currently living in a nudist colony, you could probably use a new shirt. Problem solved. If you're a donor, just post in the December Donor Drawing thread and you could be wearing one of these in no time! You're welcome.

The best part is that there's usually not too many people to compete with, so your odds of winning are good! :thumbup:

Is that voo doo mask and shrunken head a shot at DOs there CB?? Because if so ... I am offended.

heheheheheheh just kidding :smuggrin:

About the Ads

Chocolate Bear

Moderizzle Fo'Shizzle!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 7, 2008
Status
Ever notice how the mods and some other people have bolded usernames?

You can be part of this elite club, after you donate.

Just go to Group Memberships in your Control Panel.

Then scroll down to the bottom and you should see a box that contains this (or substitute whatever donor level you chose):

Click the button that says "Identify me as a member of this group," hit "Update Display Group," and you're done!

About the Ads

Chocolate Bear

Moderizzle Fo'Shizzle!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 7, 2008
Status
haha thanks! right after I figured out how to use ImageReady. Ive gotta start thinking of something to replace santa after x-mas though...
Nice!

After Christmas, you should change your custom user title to "The B means Bullseye" and make your avatar a spinning hypnosis wheel or a wicked dead-on bow-and-arrow or gunshot hitting a target! Just a thought. :D

Cp22kjer

Bottom of the Food Chain
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2007
Fantasia
Status
Medical Student
I'm broke but I did sign up for a 2yr Bronze membership. Lets hope I can upgrade to gold by then :D...........actually I'll probably be in worse shape then :eek:.

This site has been a major factor in gaining admission to medical school, the least I could do is donate some money. Big thanks to all of the contributers :thumbup::thumbup:

worlddoctor23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Why is the Lifetime Membership for only 28 years?:confused:......hmmm unless.....you guys know something I don't:eek:......What's my doctor's phone number again:scared:

Chocolate Bear

Moderizzle Fo'Shizzle!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 7, 2008
Status
Why is the Lifetime Membership for only 28 years?:confused:......hmmm unless.....you guys know something I don't:eek:......What's my doctor's phone number again:scared:
I asked the powers that be about this. They said that it's the longest you can set in vBulletin (our forum host/program/whatever), but that it will, in fact, last a lifetime. Probably an admin will just renew it manually in 28 years. :thumbup:

RySerr21

i aint kinda hot Im sauna
10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2007
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Celebrate the holiday season by donating! Not only do you get that cool badge of honor under your avatar (or does it say donor? i cant see too well), but you can ask ChocolateBear to make you one of these bad ass motion avatars like I have! :thumbup:

p.s. in case its not obvious, i was kidding about the badge of honor/donor thing.

Last edited:

nevinleiby

10+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2008
PA
Status
Medical Student
If I still have any money left after crossing the country for interviews and deposits, I'm game for March 1st...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

About the Ads

RySerr21

i aint kinda hot Im sauna
10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2007
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
CB is moving up in the SDN world. I see that "MOD" status ;)
:eek::confused:

Who is running this circus anyway? I mean seriously......Cbear? FuturePharm would have probably been a better choice (or at least equally as bad).

just kidding. Dont ban me bearpig.

TX_NFS

Steel melanoleuca
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2006
State of Sleepiness
Status
Medical Student
Pledge Drive

Deeter (tdittyx2x3): $50
Sithr: $15
TeamZissou: $60
nevinleiby: $75
TX_NFS: $15

I heart Live.com cashback. Oh, and SDN too of course. :)

PipiChen

Matan, Plushies, and Pamo
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 14, 2008
PA
Status
Non-Student
Pledge Drive

Deeter (tdittyx2x3): $50
Sithr: $15
TeamZissou: $60
nevinleiby: $75
TX_NFS: $15

I heart Live.com cashback. Oh, and SDN too of course. :)

250 by March :smuggrin:

PipiChen

Matan, Plushies, and Pamo
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 14, 2008
PA
Status
Non-Student
Ok I am still working on getting the full 250 i need... just donated some to orphanage fund.... I am so sorry :scared:

Bleurberry

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Lifetime?! NICE! Have you seen the new icon for it?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/payments.php

Anyone else recently donated or plan on doing so soon?
Has anyone else asked you why SDN only thinks we're going to live 28 more years? (I refer you to the Platinum drop down menu that lists cost and expiration).
I'm old and stuff but technological advances will...and I eat alright so... and I, you know, exercise helps the ... with science and stuff...
Oh hell, I'll take the 28 years!

Chocolate Bear

Moderizzle Fo'Shizzle!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 7, 2008
Status
Has anyone else asked you why SDN only thinks we're going to live 28 more years? (I refer you to the Platinum drop down menu that lists cost and expiration).
I'm old and stuff but technological advances will...and I eat alright so... and I, you know, exercise helps the ... with science and stuff...
Oh hell, I'll take the 28 years!
LOL

I asked about it--technical jargon translated into "Don't worry, it will expire when you do." :D

About the Ads