SDN Stresses Me Out! (Interviews, Acceptances and Timing)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nosferatu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I lurk a bit and just needed to get this off my chest. Ya'll stress me out! :)

I was just wondering, I have currently only had 3 interviews out of the 14 schools I applied to, are things starting to get too late? I called my other schools the other day to check on my status and I am "In Review" everywhere. As of now, here is my progress:

Vandy: Int on 10/13 still waiting to hear back (I'm a Vandy undergrad)
USCarolina: Accepted
MUSC: Interview on 12/2 (I had to postpone it due to travelling overseas to take care of my fiance's immigration visa!)
Stanford: Flat out rejection (thanks guys!)
Wake Forest: Wait Listed
Tulane: Waiting
Northwestern: Waiting
Baylor: Waiting
USCalifornia: Waiting
Mt. Sinai: Waiting
Dartmouth: Waiting
Pitt: Waiting (although I just got and turned in their app on the 10th, so not all that surprising :) )
UCLA: Waiting
UNC: Not even heard anything about their secondary

All my secondaries were essentially in at the beginning of Oct. My strategy was to turn them all in when they were done in case a question from one inspired a better answer for another.
My stats: GPA is 3.75 at Vandy, 32S on MCAT, so-so EC's (although I had a great summer internship at Arkansas Children's Hospital) mainly because my interests tend to not be in things which are organized into clubs, etc
So are things not lookin good since I haven't heard from so many or are ya'll just crazy and are really early?!

Members don't see this ad.

Nosferatu said:
Hi, I lurk a bit and just needed to get this off my chest. Ya'll stress me out! :)

I was just wondering, I have currently only had 3 interviews out of the 14 schools I applied to, are things starting to get too late? I called my other schools the other day to check on my status and I am "In Review" everywhere. As of now, here is my progress:

Vandy: Int on 10/13 still waiting to hear back (I'm a Vandy undergrad)
USCarolina: Accepted
MUSC: Interview on 12/2 (I had to postpone it due to travelling overseas to take care of my fiance's immigration visa!)
Stanford: Flat out rejection (thanks guys!)
Wake Forest: Wait Listed
Tulane: Waiting
Northwestern: Waiting
Baylor: Waiting
USCalifornia: Waiting
Mt. Sinai: Waiting
Dartmouth: Waiting
Pitt: Waiting (although I just got and turned in their app on the 10th, so not all that surprising :) )
UCLA: Waiting
UNC: Not even heard anything about their secondary

All my secondaries were essentially in at the beginning of Oct. My strategy was to turn them all in when they were done in case a question from one inspired a better answer for another.
My stats: GPA is 3.75 at Vandy, 32S on MCAT, so-so EC's (although I had a great summer internship at Arkansas Children's Hospital) mainly because my interests tend to not be in things which are organized into clubs, etc
So are things not lookin good since I haven't heard from so many or are ya'll just crazy and are really early?!

SDN is always stressful. People here will get into more schools than you, have better stats, score higher on Step 1, and are probably better looking. Just remember, a lot of people are stressed out right now because they have 0 interviews. Relax. You will get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, I just want to make sure I'm not going to be interviewing for the final 5 spots or waitlist spots at my schools given the timing.

First off, Congrats on the USCarolina acceptance. Other than that, play the waiting game...it hurts

I'm just impatient! :)
I guess this process is just so different from the undergrad process where things were fairly quick, not rolling, etc. I think it's the rolling part that stresses me out the most since I know there are fewer spots the longer it takes.
Thanks for the encouragement though, I guess THAT part of SDN doesn't scare me :) Some of you people are crazy though! And I mean that in a nice incredibly motivated kinda way. :)