SDNers willing to read (Pharm) PS for c/o '09 & '10

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

endlesslove

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting this thread/list b/c even though I said I am temporarily not reading PS anymore, the emails keep on comin'...I can understand the need to have another person to look at your PS, so...

for those who have already been ADMITTED, if you're willing to read some PHARMACY School Personal Statements, please add your name to this list, contact (PM or email), how fast you can get back to the person. If you can only read at certain times or need to take a break, feel free to state that or modify your post later. Thanks!

to those who are using this service, please be courteous--you're getting a free service. readers also have busy lives and if they are not reading anymore, then please ask someone else on in this thread. If you want readers to spend more time evaluating the quality of your essay, try polishing it up to the best of your ability--grammar is a BIG thing and so is spelling, both of which can REALLY bog down the reader and take time away for focusing on your essay.

Maybe one of the moderators later can condense the list into a single post and put this in a sticky?

I believe chloejane said in another thread she could read. I probably will towards end of July, but not now.

Members don't see this ad.

Im willing to help out as well. I work full-time, so please give me a week or so to send u a response. U can send me a pm or e-mail me at tshaw1181 AT yahoo.com.

Members don't see this ad :)
Add my name to the list! You can e-mail your PS to me at jegel AT butler.edu. Like the above listed poster I too work full time and I will try my best to get them back to you as soon a I can.

I can probably read a few too, I am a PS-4 AGO student with a lot of extra time at this rotation. PM me or email at krista.koch AT mwumail.midwestern.edu. I am also very good with grammar (got to be anal to be a pharmacist :) )

I would not recommend posting e-mail addresses publicly, since spammers regularly harvest addresses from large sites. If you do want your address posted publicly, I would recommend the bananaface AT hotmail.com format.

Also, there is a FAQ section on personal statements.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=1700980&postcount=21
We can link to this thread in the FAQ if people would like.

Also, please do not quote other people's e-mail addresses, since that means they can't take them down at will if they are getting too many responses, etc. If this becomes an issue, let a mod know and we can edit out any quoted e-mail addresses. :)

Thanks banana!

i can read... nothing else to do except work.. i'll usually try and comment withint 2 days...

no prob!

:)

I am willing to help out with a few ps. Please PM me and I will try to respond with in a day or two.

UT Austin COP c/o 2009! :thumbup:

I am also able to read and comment on your PS. Please PM me.

Class of 2009

I'm open now till beginning of August...

I need to publish a paper by July 18'ish so please give me about two weeks to respond to you (maybe sooner if I need a break).

End of July I'm teaching for Kaplan again, so again, things may slow down. Basically if you hit me between July 18-26, that's the fastest turn around time. But if you don't mind waiting, shoot me a pm.

Check the sig for the skoo.

Also interviewed and declined for UIC for USN, HICP (duh), UMaryland, MCPHS

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone willing to proof read my essay?

If anyone is willing to read my essay within the next week or so, that would be greatly appreciated as well! Thanks!

Let's up this thread for the new applicants this year. I know I'll need an extra pair of eyes when I'm done with mine. Thanks in advance for any volunteers.

eddie269 said:
Let's up this thread for the new applicants this year. I know I'll need an extra pair of eyes when I'm done with mine. Thanks in advance for any volunteers.
I can help out, its always easier to look at someone else's work objectively. I'll try to get them back ASAP, probably a week at the most. Good luck!

I would be happy to read anyones personal statements because I know what it's like to want to hear it from another person's perspective --especially one who is interested in pharmacy as well. email me whenever. [email protected]

I will definitely need some feedback after I'm done with my personal statement. I'll email some of you when I'm done =) (eeer. after my finals :D)

Thanks in advance.

you can reach me at [email protected]. i specialize in ps and got into two competitive universities this year, midwestern cpg and loma linda. i know what they are looking for.

Ditto for being down to read essays. We end finals next week (Wheeee!) and I'm constantly messing around online anyway, so just PM me any essays that need a fresh pair of eyes.

Thanks for those who offered to read my essay, but alas, c/o 2010 applications have already gone by. If anyone wants me to read theirs (for c/o 2011) send me a PM. I'm free until the middle of July. Hehe. :D

During this fully stretched time, I want to thanks you all for helping me and other applicants going through this.

Thanks! I will never forget this and i'm determined to pass this kindness out to others...

Best Wishes,

Smallkitty00

blizz said:
Thanks for those who offered to read my essay, but alas, c/o 2010 applications have already gone by. If anyone wants me to read theirs (for c/o 2011) send me a PM. I'm free until the middle of July. Hehe. :D

Its so nice of you guys to volunteer, thanks in advance.

I could help out any time and I will do my best to return the essays after a day or two and I hope that helps.

I wish you all the very best and I suggest you hold unto your dreams and aspirations.

I just got accepted this year to Creighton and am willing to read some PS's. I'll try to check every day or two and get back to you as soon as I can. Just PM me. Thanks! Good luck! :)

Thank you everyone for volunteering! You all are so kind :D

Hello, I would love to help too :) .
I was also in trouble with ps last year.
Those who are wondering, I have been accepted to buffalo, rutgers, florida. And I was invited to interview for shenendoah, and NOVA but denied it.
PM me and I will get back to you in 48 hrs max.

I would be willing to help. PM me and I will send my email address.

I remember how hard it was to do the PS, I appreciated all eyes and all comments I got. It helps to have feedback. :thumbup: I got 4 acceptances and turned down interviews 5 and 6, so I think I'm not a total idiot :D

-Michelle

I know I told a couple of you recently that I was backed up, but I'm caught up now, if anyone wants to send me something to read.

chelle dot warren at gmail dot com

~M

sorry wrong post

hey sorry but my undergrad school disconected my e-mail with no warning. :mad: If you have sent me something to edit and I have not replied- I no longer have it- I'm so sorry. I won't have an e-mail until I start school and I'm afraid i'll be so busy I won't have time to edit PS's . So sorry. Good luck to you all! :luck:
Anna

I can read some essays....email at ddsingh at ucdavis.edu

stats;
interview invitations to: ucsf,uop,western,usc,touro
accepted: ucsf, uop. I didn't go to the interviews at the other schools.

gimpsd said:
I can read some essays....email at ddsingh at ucdavis.edu

stats;
interview invitations to: ucsf,uop,western,usc,touro
accepted: ucsf, uop. I didn't go to the interviews at the other schools.
Hello, can you read my essay and give me some advice? I am not a native speaker so it might not be good as other applicant. But, please be honoes. If there is something to improve, please tell me. It is ok to be mean too.
Can you do it?

I am no longer taking papers. If you already sent me something I will read it, but I've accepted my last paper (for now).

Thanks.

M

you guys are the best!! for helping us out. thanks in advanced!!:D

Anybody still up for reading essays?

i think it'd be really helpful if someone can post up a personal statement or PM it to us...i think it's more helpful in general than reading individual personal statements...please please please :D

I would be glad to read your PS! I know how stressful the whole process can be.
Typical turnaround time is 48 hrs.
Just send ur PS to my email: [email protected]

This thread makes me uncomfortable. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but sending a PS to an unknown person is a really risky thing to do. What if (and I'm just saying if) they aren't really interested in helping you and more interested in helping themselves. They take part or all of your PS and submit it as their own. They apply to the same school(s) you do. The adcoms notice the similarities. Who's PS will they throw out? That's right, both of them since it's unclear who did the plagiarizing.

Again, I'm not saying that this is going on, but why risk it? Wouldn't it be better to have a close friend or family member read your PS?

This thread makes me uncomfortable. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but sending a PS to an unknown person is a really risky thing to do. What if (and I'm just saying if) they aren't really interested in helping you and more interested in helping themselves. They take part or all of your PS and submit it as their own. They apply to the same school(s) you do. The adcoms notice the similarities. Who's PS will they throw out? That's right, both of them since it's unclear who did the plagiarizing.

Again, I'm not saying that this is going on, but why risk it? Wouldn't it be better to have a close friend or family member read your PS?

I agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmm good idea... ill volunteer to read someone's PS!! hehe jk. I actually didnt think of that but I guess u have to trust the users who have been on this forum for a long time and write good posts! ;)

Yeah or someone who's already been admitted to pharm school. They wouldnt use it, and they kinda know wut to expect, right? Any free P1+ students out there wanting to read?

I need a second opinion on my personal statement. :D