SDN's recommendations for learning HC Reform, Medicare/Medicaid, HMO's etc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IDrads

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm using a heavy dose of wikipedia to learn about health care reform, HMO's, Medicare/medicaid, and related topics for interviews. Do you guys have any recommended sources for learning about topics like these, and are there any related health care concepts one should have an understanding about before interviewing?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like a great post, man. Unfortunately, I don't know half of the words/phrases you used mainly because I've been blissfully ignorant of the healthcare system. Need to get to work!!

Glad a couple people are actually going to glance at it (I don't count bleargh as being human)!

Seems like a great post, man. Unfortunately, I don't know half of the words/phrases you used mainly because I've been blissfully ignorant of the healthcare system. Need to get to work!!

If you do some effort to google the stuff first, I'd be happy to try to help where you can't find what you're looking for. It was just an intro health policy class though, and I'm not on the health systems track for my MPH, so I may or may not be able to help too much!

loveoforganic i book marked that guy the first time i saw it. its a nice study guide to some articles