searching forum, can't find it!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wolverineX

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm applying this year and I have questions about the aamcomas app that I can't find on the website or on SDN. i downloaded the paper 2006 app, just so i can have a leg up on what to do when june comes.

the faq on top of the page says i should enter all repeated courses, but only one will count. why can't i just add the repeated course and say it was a repeat?

what would a certificate program count as ? professional schools?(EMT, CNA, etc).

you have to list the amount of times you took MCAT, even if prior scores are expired? wouldn't the most recent be sufficient?

the personal statement..how long? the space looks really small--2 paragraphs?

thnaks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I'm applying this year and I have questions about the aamcomas app that I can't find on the website or on SDN. i downloaded the paper 2006 app, just so i can have a leg up on what to do when june comes.

the faq on top of the page says i should enter all repeated courses, but only one will count. why can't i just add the repeated course and say it was a repeat?

You list all of your courses and list them as "repeat 1, 2...etc." What the FAQ is talking about is that only your latest repeat is counted in calculating the GPA, but all of your courses and grades will be listed nevertheless.

what would a certificate program count as ? professional schools?(EMT, CNA, etc).

Can't say. You should call AACOM; they will be able to give you a definitive answer. I took my EMT-B classes at a CC, so it was clear that they were college classes and I listed them as such.

you have to list the amount of times you took MCAT, even if prior scores are expired?

Yup. How's that for a kicker? Your scores "expire," meaning they technically no longer use them for admissions purposes, but my understanding is that you still need to display, or include, all of your scores, regardless of how much time has passed. I included a score that was about 10 years old. That's why you shouldn't take/retake the MCAT more than you need to.

the personal statement..how long? the space looks really small--2 paragraphs?

The AACOM FAQ should tell you the exact number of characters, but I think it's something like 4500 characters (assuming they haven't changed that), including spaces. It's not much, but I found it to be sufficient. You just really have to get to the point. Check out this thread (I think it has the verbiage from the old application for the PS):

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=394709

thnaks guys.

No problem.

On another note, I would like to suggest that you think about making your thread titles a little bit more informative and/or descriptive. You can help search engines work better (some folks search by title) and attract more people to answer your question(s), if you state more specifically what you are looking for in your title. Just an FWIW.

Good luck in your process! :luck:

On another note, I would like to suggest that you think about making your thread titles a little bit more informative and/or descriptive.

I like to create threads with titles like "Please Help!" or "What do you think?" or "Advice, Please." ;)